locked Signal report - Assumptions are important

TomK

To bug reporter:  I think you’ve made a few incorrect assumptions.

If you see the QSO in question in YOUR OWN log, then JTA is uploading correctly.

I go to their page on QRZ.COM and check their log to see if was good contact and no it's not there."

Ok, so you’re saying you don’t see YOUR CALL in the log of ANOTHER QRZ user with whom you had a QSO?

I assume you mean in the “Logbook” widget of the other party’s QRZ profile lookup page?

To see your call in another QRZ user’s log, then (at least) the following conditions must be met:
Forgive me if some are painfully obvious. I just want to be logically complete.

  1. You & They (obviously) need to be QRZ members who are maintaining active logs.
  2. You & They must BOTH have uploaded the QSO sometime earlier (Nothing is immediate).
  3. The QSO needs to fit in the short time window of the “Logbook” widget (it’s only 15 entries).
    Active AROs log many calls in short periods so a QSO can fall outside the short widget in minutes.
    Adding to time (say) 15-60 mins to allow all DB updates, then your QSO may never show in that widget.
    To wit: If the other ARO is active and logs many QSOs, then by the time the system updates,
    you are already past the bottom of the time window.

Re advice that “QRZ not a reliable source”.

That was meant to say “AROs do not necessarily upload to QRZ in real-time.”

As a result, inspecting the other party’s log on QRZ is “is not a reliable source” to verify your QSO upload.

Why would you even want to do that? Your QSO upload is all that matters.

If you see your QSO uploaded,  then everything is working as intended.

What happens with the other party’s upload has nothing to do with JT-Alert or QRZ.

All-in-all, QRZ has an outstanding record for database availability when compared to other web logs.

LoTW and the others often have outages on a daily basis. QRZ’s DB has fared much better.

Many perceived JTA and/or QRZ issues are often related to other things like LoTW on the back end.

Hope that helps clarify the issue.

TomK / KT1TK / 73