locked Send text message to call sign question

Norm Fasoletos

When I right click on a callsign in all decodes, followed by Send text message to callsign, message window opens, check to see see if station is online, which the station is, then type a message and hit send. The other station does not receive my message. Any ideas what I am missing.

73

Norm - K7NWF

Jamie GOLLY

They may not have their end set up correctly. I use it all the time, works great!

You shouldn't have to check if a station is online using JTAlert 2.50.4 (newest), a star in the CQ decode window indicates this.

Jamie
K6NGN

On Sunday, August 1, 2021, 12:49:49 PM PDT, Norm Fasoletos <norm.k7nwf@...> wrote:

When I right click on a callsign in all decodes, followed by Send text message to callsign, message window opens, check to see see if station is online, which the station is, then type a message and hit send. The other station does not receive my message. Any ideas what I am missing.

73

Norm - K7NWF

Norm Fasoletos

Thank you for the reply Jamie. Yes, my station and the other station both are online, however, cannot send a message to each other. We both used  messaging from the previous Ham apps version, no problem. I have even tried sending a message to several other stations on the air, online, no response. I am missing something here with the new version of JT Alert 2.50.4. Not sure what?

Norm - K7NWF

Jamie GOLLY

send me a message

On Sunday, August 1, 2021, 04:40:34 PM PDT, Norm Fasoletos <norm.k7nwf@...> wrote:

Thank you for the reply Jamie. Yes, my station and the other station both are online, however, cannot send a message to each other. We both used  messaging from the previous Ham apps version, no problem. I have even tried sending a message to several other stations on the air, online, no response. I am missing something here with the new version of JT Alert 2.50.4. Not sure what?

Norm - K7NWF

Jamie GOLLY

I just sent you a message, it shows you are online.

Inline image

On Sunday, August 1, 2021, 04:40:34 PM PDT, Norm Fasoletos <norm.k7nwf@...> wrote:

Thank you for the reply Jamie. Yes, my station and the other station both are online, however, cannot send a message to each other. We both used  messaging from the previous Ham apps version, no problem. I have even tried sending a message to several other stations on the air, online, no response. I am missing something here with the new version of JT Alert 2.50.4. Not sure what?

Norm - K7NWF

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 2/08/2021 9:40 am, Norm Fasoletos wrote:
es, my station and the other station both are online, however, cannot send a message to each other. We both used  messaging from the previous Ham apps version, no problem. I have even tried sending a message to several other stations on the air, online, no response. I am missing something here with the new version of JT Alert 2.50.4. Not sure what?

Norm - K7NWF
The easiest way to test the entire Messaging infrastructure is to send a message to yourself. This will test all parts of the pipeline, Your PC -> Messaging Server -> Your PC.

de Laurie VK3AMA