Topics

Scan Log and Rebuild

Charlie Hoffman

Is there a way to change my configuration so that "scan log and rebuild" uses
QRZ confirmations instead of LOTW confirmations?

I have been doing confirmations by mode and by band and have been doing that manually.
It is very time consuming and I would like to use the automated method if possible.

Michael Black

Why would you want to use QRZ confirmations?  Never heard of anybody doing that.

You did know LOTW is free, right?

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, February 13, 2020, 02:44:30 PM CST, Charlie Hoffman <hoffmanc@...> wrote:

I have been doing confirmations by mode and by band and have been doing that manually.
It is very time consuming and I would like to use the automated method if possible.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/02/2020 7:44 am, Charlie Hoffman wrote:

There is no way to change to QRZ confirmations.

Do they even exist? In what file would you be expecting JTAlert to find these confirmations if they did exist? Does QRZ use a custom adif field for these confirmations, as the adif standard doesn't have a defined field?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Charlie Hoffman

I'm having an issue with WAS and DXCC confirmations.
My QRZ and LOTW worked and confirmed numbers match but HRD is way off.
When I do a Scan Log and Rebuild, the countries and states don't match LOTW or QRZ.

I read somewhere that HRD log is used for the Scan Log feature but I don't know which HRD log is being used.
I have a local HRD log on my PC and there is an on-line HRD log.
If the HRD log is being used then which log is used for confirmed QSO's?

Is it LOTW, the local HRD log, or the on-line HRD log file.

I'm really confused on this.

Michael Black

Yes QRZ does use a custom field

<app_qrzlog_status:1>C

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, February 13, 2020, 05:15:15 PM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 14/02/2020 7:44 am, Charlie Hoffman wrote:

There is no way to change to QRZ confirmations.

Do they even exist? In what file would you be expecting JTAlert to find these confirmations if they did exist? Does QRZ use a custom adif field for these confirmations, as the adif standard doesn't have a defined field?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Charlie Hoffman

Since I'm not getting answers, let me restate the question.

When I run a "Scan Log and Rebuild", what log is the source of the confirmed QSL information?

Brian (N2MLP)

Your logging software

========================

de N2MLP Brian

Monroe County PA

========================

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Charlie Hoffman
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 10:34 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Scan Log and Rebuild

When I run a "Scan Log and Rebuild", what log is the source of the confirmed QSL information?

Tom Melvin

Your LOCAL logger - so in your case your HRD - not the on-line version

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 14 Feb 2020, at 15:33, Charlie Hoffman <hoffmanc@...> wrote:

Charlie Hoffman

Thanks Tom.

With your info, I was able to find out that my local HRD log does not automatically get confirmation updates from
any on-line logs.   I have to perform that task manually.   After downloading new updated info from LOTW, I now
have agreement with the Scan Log Results and what is shown on LOTW awards page  for DXCC and WAS.

I still have a number of confirmed QSOs on both eQSL and QRZ that are not LOTW users so there is nothing I
can do about that problem.

Barry

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 11:34 AM, Charlie Hoffman wrote:
Thanks Tom.

With your info, I was able to find out that my local HRD log does not automatically get confirmation updates from
any on-line logs.   I have to perform that task manually.   After downloading new updated info from LOTW, I now
have agreement with the Scan Log Results and what is shown on LOTW awards page  for DXCC and WAS.

I still have a number of confirmed QSOs on both eQSL and QRZ that are not LOTW users so there is nothing I
Charlie
Download your eQSL confirmations also.
Barry

n4qwf .

If you have designated a log program for JTAlert to log to then it will scan that log based on the filters you have set. I have my system logging to DXKeeper. Once I log a stations using WSJT-X it is in DXKeeper. The JTAlert scan (when run) then updates my log display in JTAlert. 

73<<John

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:33 AM Charlie Hoffman <hoffmanc@...> wrote:

Monty Wilson

You can do a manual download from eQSL also to HRD.  On the HRD log window goto Logbook > File > eQSL.cc > download.  I do not see a way to download from QRZ….only upload.

Cheers

Monty Wilson, NR0A

jwilson16@...

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Charlie Hoffman
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 1:34 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Scan Log and Rebuild

Thanks Tom.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/02/2020 2:33 am, Charlie Hoffman wrote:

The Scan Log uses the Log you have enabled in JTAlert. If your using HRD logbook, whatever HRDLogbook database you have set in JTAlert (Logging -> HRD V5/V5 section) is used for the Scan.

JTAlert does not automatically set your logbook. You need to do that, especially since HRD supports multiple logs. JTAlert doesn't know which log you have active in HRDLogbook

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/02/2020 6:47 am, Monty Wilson wrote:

I do not see a way to download from QRZ….only upload.

Cheers

Monty Wilson, NR0A

FYI, even if HRDLogbook was able to download QRZ confirmed QSOs, JTAlert would not use them as it doesn't support QRZ confirmed QSOs for the Scan Log function.

de Laurie VK3AMA