locked [Request] menu for "lookups" for Log4OM2

kiyo

Hello.
I recently changed from DXKeeper to Log4OM2. JTAlert is very comfortable to use.

The slightly inconvenient point is that it is troublesome to know the past QSO status immediately. Isn't the "DX Lab lookups" menu provided for DXkeeper also available for Log4OM2?

When you actually call the DX station, the character string is placed in the call sign of the other party of Log4OM2, so it does not seem to be so difficult compared to DX Keeper. If this menu addition is realized, Log4OM2 users will be happy because they can see the past QSO status by the same operation as DXKeeper before actually calling operation. In that case, there is no need to press "worked before (F10)" in the Log4OM2 window.

Please consider it.

I'm using:
WSJT-X 2.3.0 (I use this to avoid a bug that Tx5 generated by JTAlert is not sent when Tx4 is RRR)
JTAlert 2.50.4
Log4OM2

-
kiyo

Rick VK6RK

Hi Kiyo,

Just open the Worked Before window, using View - Worked before.  It will stay open all the time and show multiple worked before entries, for that particular call.

73, Rick VK6RK

On 15/07/2021 09:22, kiyo wrote:
[...]

Jim Cooper

On 15 Jul 2021 at 9:44, Rick VK6RK wrote:

Just open the Worked Before window, using View - Worked before. It
will stay open all the time and show multiple worked before entries,
for that particular call.

73, Rick VK6RK
Rick, what version of JTalert are you using?

I am using 2.50.4 and under View tab it is the
"Callsign History Window F6" ... the window
itself has the title "QSO History" and shows
all QSOs with that call using the mode you are
currently using.

w2jc

Rick VK6RK

Jim,

Should have mentioned that "View - Worked before" was for Log4OM.

True, you can use F6 in JTSAlert however Log4OM gives more comprehensive info.

73, Rick VK6RK

On 15/07/2021 10:03, Jim Cooper wrote:
On 15 Jul 2021 at 9:44, Rick VK6RK wrote:

Just open the Worked Before window, using View - Worked before. It
will stay open all the time and show multiple worked before entries,
for that particular call.

73, Rick VK6RK
Rick, what version of JTalert are you using?

I am using 2.50.4 and under View tab it is the
"Callsign History Window F6" ... the window
itself has the title "QSO History" and shows
all QSOs with that call using the mode you are
currently using.

w2jc

kiyo

Hi Rick
Thank you.
I know about worked before (F10).
If possible, I wanted to display the window without putting it in
focus, just like with DXKeeper.

--
kiyo

On 15/07/2021 09:22, kiyo wrote:

[...]

This is different to Worked before (F10).

It opens another window, similar to below.
Columns are customisable just like other Log4OM windows.

73, Rick VK6RK

On 15/07/2021 09:22, kiyo wrote:

[...]

I just started using Log4OM2 this week and I don't know how to use it due to lack of study, so I learned to display it in the Vew menu "Worked before" of Log4OM2, so I will use it. Thank you.

I am displaying WSJT-X, JTALert and Log4OM2 in a small space and a small display device, so I want to see the past QSO situation without increasing the number of windows and moving the focus like when using DX Keeper. I wanted to use JTAlert to select nifty 73 messages such as "TU NEWBAND 73", "TU NEWMODE 73" and "TU x BANDS 73". Because of that, there are requests such as the request posted a while ago (# 35690) that wants to display the number of QSO bands regardless of the submode.

--
kiyo