Topics

Request for better options for vertical based display

Jason Garneau

I'd really like the option to make JTAlert more usable in a vertical layout.  WSJT-X and JTDX both take up a lot of vertical real estate, especially with as many decodes most of us are now that FT8 is so popular.  I feel it would be a huge benefit to move away from the horizontal-based layout of JTAlert so that thos of us running full 1920x1080 screens could put the app over on the side of the screen, allowing us to expand the decode screen more, and also giving a ton more real estate to JTAlert.  I would envision something like one to two columns by X number of rows, which I also think would be a lot easier to scan over with my eyes, instead of the multiple columns.  I'd love for it to fill up the red box drawn in here:

The current view options do not seem to allow for a configuration like this.

Anyway, just a thought.  Thank you for developing such useful software!

73,
Jason / K1LOL

WB8ASI Herb

The Decodes Window will provide what you are looking for.  You can select zero rows for the main callsign window thus trimming down the horizontal info.  The Decodes Window will fit perfectly in your red box.  You can select just the few columns you want to view.  ...and you are correct that it is much easier to scan columns quickly, and the callsigns remain on the list into the future cycles.  Once you have it set up, it will open to the same view when you start JTAlert.  This is how I have my screen arranged and find it works great.  73, Herb WB8ASI

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 22/11/2020 1:36 pm, Jason Garneau wrote:
[...]

A new callsign display window is coming. It offers complete flexibility to its sizing and placement, with no limit on the number of callsigns displayed. See this previous post https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/31987

Three sample images of the same decode period...

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jason Garneau

Thanks, Herb!

I had no idea this window existed.  How is this not the default view?   Thanks again - this should solve my situation.

73,
Jason / K1LOL

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/11/2020 6:44 am, Jason Garneau wrote:
I had no idea this window existed.  How is this not the default view?   Thanks again - this should solve my situation.

73,
Jason / K1LOL

Make sure you enable the decodes, Settings window, "Window -> Decodes" section, top left corner. If you don't the Decodes window will remain empty. Also note the Decodes window has its own Settings dialog, separate from the main JTAlert Settings where you enable the decodes collection.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jason Garneau

Hi Laurie,

It looks like the "decodes" window is more in line with what I'm looking for.  I'll definitely try out the new view you're working on once that's available, as well.

Thanks!
Jason / K1LOL