locked Removing EQSL

Wayne Childers <jrbluz2@...>

I would like to know how to remove eqsl from my pop up. I won't work anyone that uses eqsl. It is to hard to get confirmation.

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2022-05-08 11:12 AM, Wayne Childers via groups.io wrote:
I would like to know how to remove eqsl from my pop up.
What do you mean by "remove eqsl from my pop up"?

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-05-08 11:12 AM, Wayne Childers via groups.io wrote:
I would like to know how to remove eqsl from my pop up. I won't work anyone that uses eqsl. It is to hard to get confirmation.

4X1UF Izzy Lavee

I've found the opposite, most of the process can be done automatically and i recieve QSL confirmation on daily basis. I'm sure you have some settings error(s).
73
Izzy 4x1uf

בתאריך יום א׳, 8 במאי 2022, 22:04, מאת Wayne Childers via groups.io ‏<jrbluz2=aol.com@groups.io>:

I would like to know how to remove eqsl from my pop up. I won't work anyone that uses eqsl. It is to hard to get confirmation.

Dave Garber

check your alerts, in JTalert. You must have one set to alert in Jtalert when a user comes onto your screen

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On 2022-05-08 4:02 PM, 4X1UF Izzy Lavee wrote:
I've found the opposite, most of the process can be done
automatically and i recieve QSL confirmation on daily basis.
eQSL "confirmations" are useless for DXCC, VUCC and FFMA awards
- not worth the time/effort (I will upload those QSOs confirmed
by LotW to eQSL as a courtesy to those who use eQSL but also
use LotW).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

‏<jrbluz2@...>:

I would like to know how to remove eqsl from my pop up. I won't work
anyone that uses eqsl. It is to hard to get confirmation.

deni

Izzy and Wayne,
I have had no trouble with eqsl at all.  My logger automagically sends my information directly to LOTW and to Eqsl.  I have no problems at all.  It works wonderfully
73 - deni
WBØTAX

On 5/8/2022 3:02 PM, 4X1UF Izzy Lavee wrote:
I've found the opposite, most of the process can be done automatically and i recieve QSL confirmation on daily basis. I'm sure you have some settings error(s).
73
Izzy 4x1uf

בתאריך יום א׳, 8 במאי 2022, 22:04, מאת Wayne Childers via groups.io ‏<jrbluz2=aol.com@groups.io>:
I would like to know how to remove eqsl from my pop up. I won't work anyone that uses eqsl. It is to hard to get confirmation.

4X1UF Izzy Lavee

I'm using both, lotw and e-qsl. I love recieving QSL cards that lotw doesn't show so i enjoy both worlds.
Izzy 4x1uf

On 2022-05-08 4:02 PM, 4X1UF Izzy Lavee wrote:
> I've found the opposite, most of the process can be done automatically and
> i recieve QSL confirmation on daily basis. I'm sure you have some settings
> error(s).
> 73
> Izzy 4x1uf
>
> בתאריך יום א׳, 8 במאי 2022, 22:04, מאת Wayne Childers via groups.io
> ‏<jrbluz2=aol.com@groups.io>:
>
>> I would like to know how to remove eqsl from my pop up. I won't work
>> anyone that uses eqsl. It is to hard to get confirmation.

Ron Schunk

I use eqsl, QRZ, lotw and ClubLog for confirmations...most of the time, if the eqsl/lotw flags don't appear in the 'license plate' window, I just don't contact them. eqsl has it own awards as does QRZ...
Ron
WA8KQF

On 2022-05-08 4:02 PM, 4X1UF Izzy Lavee wrote:
> I've found the opposite, most of the process can be done automatically and
> i recieve QSL confirmation on daily basis. I'm sure you have some settings
> error(s).
> 73
> Izzy 4x1uf
>
> בתאריך יום א׳, 8 במאי 2022, 22:04, מאת Wayne Childers via groups.io
> ‏<jrbluz2=aol.com@groups.io>:
>
>> I would like to know how to remove eqsl from my pop up. I won't work
>> anyone that uses eqsl. It is to hard to get confirmation.

Joe Subich, W4TV

eqsl has it own awards as does QRZ...
"Count" eQSL or QRZ "awards" at a real DX gathering like the DX dinner
at Hamvention or Visalia or W9DXCC and you will be laughed out of the
room. "Pretender" will follow you out the door ...

73,

... Joe, W4TV

‏<jrbluz2@...>:

I would like to know how to remove eqsl from my pop up. I won't work
anyone that uses eqsl. It is to hard to get confirmation.

Jim Brown

W4TV got it right, almost. LOTW and eQSL are the ONLY platforms that matter for award submission. eQSL is accepted for CQ awards -- CQ Fields, WPX, and WAZ. LOTW is accepted for all the ARRL awards, AND for CQ Fields. qrz is for nothing but "feel good."  Like Joe, I upload to LOTW, eQSL, and ClubLog, which has some coordination with IOTA.

On 2022-05-08 4:02 PM, 4X1UF Izzy Lavee wrote:
> I've found the opposite, most of the process can be done automatically and
> i recieve QSL confirmation on daily basis. I'm sure you have some settings
> error(s).
> 73
> Izzy 4x1uf
>
> בתאריך יום א׳, 8 במאי 2022, 22:04, מאת Wayne Childers via groups.io
> ‏<jrbluz2=aol.com@groups.io>:
>
>> I would like to know how to remove eqsl from my pop up. I won't work
>> anyone that uses eqsl. It is to hard to get confirmation.

Ron Schunk

I didn't plan on igniting a firestorm, but well, if everyone agreed on everything it would be a sad world...I look at my QRZ and EQSL award certs and I KNOW I made those contacts, each and every one. That is what counts to me...I did do an ARRL WAS last year and had to jump through hoops to get it...and it hangs on the wall just like all the rest.
WA8KQF
Ron