locked Rebuild issue


Joe
 

Running WSJTX, JTAlert, DXLabs, and Flex SmartSDR...all latest releases.

I have been manually updating the JTAlert band slot confirmations for two years.  All has been working great.  A few days ago I decided to let JTAlert rebuild the Wanted Alert database from my DXKeeper log.  My log has been created from a partial (this was a backup, most of the log was lost in a relocation in 2001) Logic log that covered the period 1985 - 1992, plus a handful of contacts entered from cards, plus the entries created by  DXKeeper (Capture, WW, or from the JTAlert request to log for WSJTX.  After the rebuild, I find that most of the DXCC totals for Any Mode were considerably off wrt the LotW totals.  In checking the missing log entries, it appears that JTAlert is ignoring all of the DXKeeper log entries made before I restarted my ham life in 12/2018 using the DXLabs suite.  And no, the "Ignore QSOs before this date" boxes are not checked, even though I think this affects WAS only.  Enable is checked for WAS and VE Province and I initiate the rebuild by clicking on Rebuild All.  Am I missing something obvious here??  I haven't compared the digital or mode specific totals yet.  One step at a time.  Any help would be appreciated!

Joe/WQ6Q


Joe Subich, W4TV
 

Joe,

Check Settings -> Logging -> DXLab DXKeeper -> myQTH ID Selections
and make sure *ALL* of your QTHs are selected under "Wanted DXCC"
(and "Wanted CQ Zone", "Wanted Prefix").

Also in DXKeeper, click the "Broke" filter and make sure you have both
a QTH and Station/Op/Owner Calls defined for every QSO.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-12-06 3:21 PM, Joe wrote:
Running WSJTX, JTAlert, DXLabs, and Flex SmartSDR...all latest releases.
I have been manually updating the JTAlert band slot confirmations for two years.  All has been working great.  A few days ago I decided to let JTAlert rebuild the Wanted Alert database from my DXKeeper log.  My log has been created from a partial (this was a backup, most of the log was lost in a relocation in 2001) Logic log that covered the period 1985 - 1992, plus a handful of contacts entered from cards, plus the entries created by  DXKeeper (Capture, WW, or from the JTAlert request to log for WSJTX.  After the rebuild, I find that most of the DXCC totals for Any Mode were considerably off wrt the LotW totals.  In checking the missing log entries, it appears that JTAlert is ignoring all of the DXKeeper log entries made before I restarted my ham life in 12/2018 using the DXLabs suite.  And no, the "Ignore QSOs before this date" boxes are not checked, even though I think this affects WAS only. Enable is checked for WAS and VE Province and I initiate the rebuild by clicking on Rebuild All.  Am I missing something obvious here??  I haven't compared the digital or mode specific totals yet.  One step at a time.  Any help would be appreciated!
Joe/WQ6Q


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 7/12/2021 7:21 am, Joe wrote:
Running WSJTX, JTAlert, DXLabs, and Flex SmartSDR...all latest releases.

I have been manually updating the JTAlert band slot confirmations for two years.  All has been working great.  A few days ago I decided to let JTAlert rebuild the Wanted Alert database from my DXKeeper log.  My log has been created from a partial (this was a backup, most of the log was lost in a relocation in 2001) Logic log that covered the period 1985 - 1992, plus a handful of contacts entered from cards, plus the entries created by  DXKeeper (Capture, WW, or from the JTAlert request to log for WSJTX.  After the rebuild, I find that most of the DXCC totals for Any Mode were considerably off wrt the LotW totals.  In checking the missing log entries, it appears that JTAlert is ignoring all of the DXKeeper log entries made before I restarted my ham life in 12/2018 using the DXLabs suite.  And no, the "Ignore QSOs before this date" boxes are not checked, even though I think this affects WAS only.  Enable is checked for WAS and VE Province and I initiate the rebuild by clicking on Rebuild All.  Am I missing something obvious here??  I haven't compared the digital or mode specific totals yet.  One step at a time.  Any help would be appreciated!

Joe/WQ6Q

When a rebuild fails to find what are believed to be confirmed entities in the Log it is typically caused by having QSL confirmation requirements set for the rebuild that are not set or some QSO not being set in the Log. For example having the Lotw confirmation requirement set for the rebuild but having QSOs in the Log that doon't have the Lotw received flag set.

You suggest that old QSOs are not being picked up by the rebuild log scan, do they have the required QSL confirmations set?

de Laurie VK3AMA


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 7/12/2021 7:53 am, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
Check Settings -> Logging -> DXLab DXKeeper -> myQTH ID Selections
and make sure *ALL* of your QTHs are selected under "Wanted DXCC"
(and "Wanted CQ Zone", "Wanted Prefix").

Joe,

FYI having NO QTHs selected has the same affect as having all QTHs selected. All QSOs in the log will be used by the rebuild log scanning when there are no QTHs selected fro an Alert type.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Joe
 

Both suggestions were spot on!  I had not thought to check the Settings/Logging/DXKeeper QTH page. I had my current location selected, but not the previous location (prior to 2001), on the DXKeeper QTH selection page.  Selected both and everything is in agreement.

Thanks to you both for the help!!

73,

Joe/WQ6Q