locked Rebuild and scan hangs up Error allocating memory

Gary W9GD

Installed the latest WSJT and JTalert.   Logging to HRD works great and so does Jtalert.  Read all install notes and setup and working fine. Then i went to rebuild data base and get the following error. Error allocating memory Autolt

Never had a problem before scanning all and rebuild.  What did I do wrong. Any help appreciated.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 31/08/2021 2:37 am, Gary W9GD via groups.io wrote:
Installed the latest WSJT and JTalert.   Logging to HRD works great and so does Jtalert.  Read all install notes and setup and working fine. Then i went to rebuild data base and get the following error. Error allocating memory Autolt

Never had a problem before scanning all and rebuild.  What did I do wrong. Any help appreciated.
Gary,

A number of HRD users have experienced various problems in recent months. The exact cause is unknown, but it is related to using an MSAccess log in HRD. I suspect it is something within the Log file itself or in the ODBC DSN used to read/update the log, likely caused by a Windows update. The usual fix is to perform an export of your current log, create a new Log in HRD and import the previous export, then switch JTAlert to using that new Log. In a very small number of cases, creating a new HRD MSAccess log didn't correct the behavior, but upgrading to using a MariaDB log did. HRD themselves recommend using MariaDB rather than MSAccess type logs.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Alton N4IDH

Second the MariaDB install.  Works great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7f-RZOnmDs

Alton
N4IDH

Gary W9GD

Thank you all for you wisdom is pointing me in the right direction. I will seek the help of local hams in my group to help me with the migration. I am pretty good with general pc issues but i am consulting with the experts so as not to loose my current log.   Thank you again. 73, W9GD