locked Reason for UDP problems: Malwarebytes

Willi Passmann

I just found the reason for logging problems on my Win7 Prof. system.

There was no transfer of logs from JTDX via JTAlert (or GridTracker) to
Log4OM, although all CAT commands worked ok, as well as PTT. All
settings were correct, too.

The software Malwarebytes blocked the UDP transfers; as soon as I
disabled the program, everything worked again.

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/06/2021 6:27 am, Willi Passmann wrote:
I just found the reason for logging problems on my Win7 Prof. system.

There was no transfer of logs from JTDX via JTAlert (or GridTracker) to
Log4OM, although all CAT commands worked ok, as well as PTT. All
settings were correct, too.

The software Malwarebytes blocked the UDP transfers; as soon as I
disabled the program, everything worked again.

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ

Tnx Willi.

In my opinion, Protection software that interferes in program operation without notifying the user that blocks have been implemented or files deleted/quarantined is not much better than the malicious software it is trying to protect the user from. That is, the Protection software is interfering without notification in a similar manner to the operation of true malicious software.

de Laurie VK3AMA