locked Question re CQ Response in JT Alert / WSJT-X

edmscan@...

My question is in regards to clicking on a CQ from the callsign window in JT-Alert.

Maybe I am wrong but I believe that JT Alert is performing like this, when I click on a CQ it may or may not respond right away.
I believe that this is cause of your time set in the TX Even / 1st in WSJT-X. Sometimes I see it will wait until the proper time
period (0/30 or 15/45) comes along. I would like JT-Alert to respond immediately to the CQ.

Thanks

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/10/2021 7:14 am, edmscan@... wrote:
My question is in regards to clicking on a CQ from the callsign window in JT-Alert.

Maybe I am wrong but I believe that JT Alert is performing like this, when I click on a CQ it may or may not respond right away.
I believe that this is cause of your time set in the TX Even / 1st in WSJT-X. Sometimes I see it will wait until the proper time
period (0/30 or 15/45) comes along. I would like JT-Alert to respond immediately to the CQ.

Thanks

OM (name?, callsign?)

You're incorrect in your understanding of the Callsign click behavior. There is NO introduced delay between when you click a callsign and when the appropriate command is sent to WSJT-X. It happens in real-time with the only delays introduced are those in preforming the necessary CPU instructions and the very minor network latency in physically transporting the UDP command from the JTAlert process via network interface to the wsjtx process. Overall, depending on you're PC capabilities and current CPU load, the total delay is likely less than a couple of milliseconds.

Any delay between when you click a callsign in JTAlert and when wsjtx starts transmitting in response is introduced by wsjtx and will be such that it is transmitting on the correct period in line with the period of the original decode.

In summary, JTAlert does not introduce any delays to its Callsign click processing, it responds immediately.

de Laurie VK3AMA

edmscan@...

Thank you for the reply.
The computer in question is running only WSJT-X and JT-Alert, as the laptop is dedicated to these 2 apps only. I will monitor it closer and see how things behave in the next while.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/10/2021 10:54 am, edmscan@... wrote:
Thank you for the reply.
The computer in question is running only WSJT-X and JT-Alert, as the laptop is dedicated to these 2 apps only. I will monitor it closer and see how things behave in the next while.

OM (please sign your messages!)

When you double-click a callsign in JTAlert, observe how the DX Call field in WSJTX changes, not when WSJTX starts TX'ing. That will show you that the double-click event in JTAlert is being sent almost immediately with no multi-second delays.

de Laurie VK3AMA