Topics

Question

Neil

OK, before some guru says RTFM I have read all the info on the web page. Simple question on the SOUND settings. Although my 60 years in the hobby and my advanced age of 84 I understand "OFF" means OFF and no audio alerts (i use that late at night so it does not wake my dear wife who has incredible hearing or our dog who dislikes the sound)
That being said I would like to understand what the difference if any is between "UTC" and "ON" since I can not discern any difference. I am sure there is a smart guy out there who can educate this "geezer"
And being a "geezer" sure as hell beats the option....the option is not good!.  And to Laurie...Thanks for a valuable addition to FT8
Neil   N4FN

Tom Melvin

Neil

Have a look at Settings -> Manage -> Sound Card

You can switch ‘on’ sounds for the Out of Shack alerts so they only apply to within a specific period.

73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 3 Dec 2018, at 19:42, Neil <n4fn.neil@...> wrote:

OK, before some guru says RTFM I have read all the info on the web page. Simple question on the SOUND settings. Although my 60 years in the hobby and my advanced age of 84 I understand "OFF" means OFF and no audio alerts (i use that late at night so it does not wake my dear wife who has incredible hearing or our dog who dislikes the sound)
That being said I would like to understand what the difference if any is between "UTC" and "ON" since I can not discern any difference. I am sure there is a smart guy out there who can educate this "geezer"
And being a "geezer" sure as hell beats the option....the option is not good!.  And to Laurie...Thanks for a valuable addition to FT8
Neil   N4FN

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/12/2018 6:42 am, Neil wrote:
OK, before some guru says RTFM I have read all the info on the web page. Simple question on the SOUND settings. Although my 60 years in the hobby and my advanced age of 84 I understand "OFF" means OFF and no audio alerts (i use that late at night so it does not wake my dear wife who has incredible hearing or our dog who dislikes the sound)
That being said I would like to understand what the difference if any is between "UTC" and "ON" since I can not discern any difference. I am sure there is a smart guy out there who can educate this "geezer"
And being a "geezer" sure as hell beats the option....the option is not good!.  And to Laurie...Thanks for a valuable addition to FT8
Neil   N4FN

The "Sound Card" section of the Settings window has the information you seek.

If your not using the Out Of Shack alert, just ignore that checkbox.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Neil Foster

Well, I heard from the number one "SMART GUY", thanks Laurie for the speedy and courteous reply. And thanks for a wonderful addition to the program.
73 and have a great summer "down under"
Neil   N4FN   (and G0NBJ)