locked QRB-Filter for VHF-DX?

DM1TS Torsten

Hi
is there a setting option to activate a filter, e.g. in the Decodes window (F4), to only display stations that are a certain minimum distance from one's own location? I use WSJT-X mainly for DX in the V/UHF range and I just want to hide the local stations that are closer than e.g. 500km. I don't succeed, but maybe I just haven't looked hard enough?
This is not about filtering for most wanted gridsquares but actually a way to filter real DX

--
73 de Torsten
DM1TS, JO61OB

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/01/2022 10:40 pm, DM1TS Torsten wrote:
is there a setting option to activate a filter, e.g. in the Decodes window (F4), to only display stations that are a certain minimum distance from one's own location? I use WSJT-X mainly for DX in the V/UHF range and I just want to hide the local stations that are closer than e.g. 500km. I don't succeed, but maybe I just haven't looked hard enough?
This is not about filtering for most wanted gridsquares but actually a way to filter real DX

--
73 de Torsten
DM1TS, JO61OB

Sorry, not in the Decodes window, but you can have a decodes view in the Callsigns window that can restrict the decodes to those that exceed a km threshold.

The distance to be calculated based on the grids taken from the live decodes and the grid you have set under the "Station Callsign" section of the main Settings window.

de Laurie VK3AMA

DM1TS Torsten

Hi Laurie,
thank for the information. I still have difficulties with this filter affecting the display. Do I have to define a new panel for this? I have now set the distance to greater than 500km and I see no effect. I have "All Decodes" + "Callers" + "Alerts Only" active as a panel. Which panel do I still have to show so that this range filter works?

73 de Torsten
DM1TS, JO61OB

Am 22.01.2022 um 13:26 schrieb HamApps Support (VK3AMA):

[...]

Joe Subich, W4TV

I have now set the distance to greater than 500km and I see no
effect. I have "All Decodes" + "Callers" + "Alerts Only" active as a
panel. Which panel do I still have to show so that this range filter
works?
The simple way is to *change* "All Decodes" to "Distant Decodes" - click
on the Icon in the upper right of Panel 0 (All Decodes), scroll down
the selection list until you see "Distant Decodes" and select it.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-01-23 11:22 AM, DM1TS Torsten wrote:
Hi Laurie,
[...]

Hi Joe,
please have a look to the picture. I made this change but there is not the effect I hope. DK6XY call "cq" but the QRB is 310km. I set 550km as alert.

73 de Torsten
DM1TS, JO61OB

On 2022-01-23 11:22 AM, DM1TS Torsten wrote:
Hi Laurie,
[...]

Is your gridsquare entered correctly in Settings -> Station Callsign?

Is the gridsquare for DK6KY correct in the decode?

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-01-23 11:22 AM, DM1TS Torsten wrote:
Hi Laurie,
[...]

yes - both. Thats the issue why a ask for.

73 de Torsten
DM1TS, JO61OB

On 2022-01-23 11:22 AM, DM1TS Torsten wrote:
Hi Laurie,
[...]

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 24/01/2022 5:41 am, DM1TS Torsten wrote:
Hi Joe,
please have a look to the picture. I made this change but there is not the effect I hope. DK6XY call "cq" but the QRB is 310km. I set 550km as alert.

73 de Torsten
DM1TS, JO61OB

Have you truly set the distance threshold to 550km? Post an image of your setting.

eg here I have mine set to 1000km
.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe Subich, W4TV

I don't know then. "Distant decodes" works properly for me as
described. The only difference is that I'm using it on HF with
the threshold set to 4000 km.

There may be an issue with distance calculations at small distances -
only Laurie can answer that.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-01-23 11:22 AM, DM1TS Torsten wrote:
Hi Laurie,
[...]

I hope this setting are correct. DL1WU call "cq" with a propper Grid (JO60). The calculated distance is 64km. I changed the sort between
ascending/descending without any effect.

73 de Torsten
DM1TS, JO61OB

On 24/01/2022 9:32 am, DM1TS Torsten wrote:
I hope this setting are correct. DL1WU call "cq" with a propper Grid (JO60). The calculated distance is 64km. I changed the sort between
ascending/descending without any effect.

73 de Torsten
DM1TS, JO61OB

Torsten, Your settings are fine.

Something is not working correctly. The callsign tooltip shows that DL1WU @ JO60 had a calculated distance of 64 km. It should not have displayed in the distance view when you have a threshold of 550 km set.

I just now ran some tests replicating your setup. You grid of JO61, the callsign station grid of JO60 which gave the same calculated distance of 64 km and the callsign did not display as expected in the distance view.

The only difference was that I am running the latest unreleased build of JTAlert, which is why my window looks slightly different to yours.

There may be a defect in the JTAlert version you are running. What version of JTAlert are you using?

de Laurie VK3AMA

DM1TS Torsten

Hi Laurie,
I use JTAlert 2.50.7

73 de Torsten
DM1TS, JO61OB

Am 24.01.2022 um 00:27 schrieb HamApps Support (VK3AMA):

[...]

On 24/01/2022 8:20 pm, DM1TS Torsten wrote:
I use JTAlert 2.50.7

73 de Torsten
Torsten,

I just now tested 2.50.7 and it behaved correct;y with respect to the Distance decodes threshold. I could not fault it. I am inclined to think it is something in the settings specific to your setup.

I will contact you off-list with some instructions for sending me some files to examine.

de Laurie VK3AMA