locked Problems with JTAlert latest install

Jim Wysocki

Laurie, the config file only contains two more files, JTAlert and JTAlertX.  Each of these files contains config.sqlite records.  "Callsigns_1.config" & "Callsigns_1.config.json" are not not within the W9FI\config folder.

Jim

On 7/14/2021 12:46 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

On 15/07/2021 5:35 am, Jim Wysocki wrote:

JTAlert is whitelisted, so PCMatic stays out of its way.  Those warnings are just timestamped notes that an app on the exception list passed by.

There is nothing on Event Viewer for any HamApps application.  All of the other activity was from MSInstaller, updating .NET.

Yes, I'll zip up the directory and email it to you.

Jim  W9FI

Tnx Jim,

Something to try...
  • With a failing JTAlert 2.50.3 install
  • stop JTAlert then delete any files starting with "Callsigns_" in the %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\<your_callsign>\Config\ directory. When using a single JTAlert instance there will be 2 files "Callsigns_1.config" & "Callsigns_1.config.json".
  • Then start JTAlert.
  • Are you able to now bring up the different "yellow stared" windows under the "View" menu of the main JTAlert window?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Wysocki

Thanks for the advice, Bill.  I've already tried the uninstall/reinstall process, although in my case the earlier version was 2.16.14.  The next step is probably to uninstall 2.50.3, install 2.50.2, and then test the results.  But before doing that I'll wait for Laurie's advice.  He now has a copy of my HamApps folder and I want to see if he finds anything in there that will cause problems.  He just got the folder and he'll need a bit of time to examine it.

73,  Jim  W9FI

On 7/14/2021 12:50 PM, Bill Stott W4XK via groups.io wrote:
I installed the new version of JTAlert recently and had most of the problems that had been mentioned. Inability to open windows
from the view list, very sluggish responses, sound problems, etc. I rolled back to 2.50.2 and everything was back to normal. Then
today I followed Laurie's advice to uninstall the older version, make sure you were using .net and JTAlert 64 bit versions and then
install the latest JTAlert version. The new version is running flawlessly and I have had no problems, at least with the functions and
windows that I normally use and others that I have tried. This on a machine running Windows 10 home edition, updated with all
the latest updates, 64 bit OS. Try it, you'll like it!

Bill  W4XK

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 15/07/2021 6:14 am, Jim Wysocki wrote:

Laurie, the config file only contains two more files, JTAlert and JTAlertX.  Each of these files contains config.sqlite records.  "Callsigns_1.config" & "Callsigns_1.config.json" are not not within the W9FI\config folder.

Jim

Your in the wrong config directory if your seeing "JTAlert" & "JTAlertX" sub-directories.

There are two config directories, one with above mentioned sub-directories is used by the main JTAlert. They contain config.sqlite files. These are not what you want. The other which contains the Callsigns_1.config file is the one causing the problems. See this post for the fix https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/36310

de

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 15/07/2021 6:21 am, Jim Wysocki wrote:

Thanks for the advice, Bill.  I've already tried the uninstall/reinstall process, although in my case the earlier version was 2.16.14.  The next step is probably to uninstall 2.50.3, install 2.50.2, and then test the results.  But before doing that I'll wait for Laurie's advice.  He now has a copy of my HamApps folder and I want to see if he finds anything in there that will cause problems.  He just got the folder and he'll need a bit of time to examine it.

73,  Jim  W9FI

Already examined. Check you inbox for my answer & solution.

Thanks
de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Wysocki

OK, going in through the %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\W9FI\Config\ pathway leads me to a different place.  That config file only contains a 5k Decodes History V3.config file and nothing else.  "Callsigns_1.config" & "Callsigns_1.config.json" are not not there.  In opening the Decodes History file with Notepad, it appears to contain both binary and ASCII data.  I'll send you a copy of it via your other email address.

73, Jim

On 7/14/2021 1:25 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

On 15/07/2021 6:14 am, Jim Wysocki wrote:

Laurie, the config file only contains two more files, JTAlert and JTAlertX.  Each of these files contains config.sqlite records.  "Callsigns_1.config" & "Callsigns_1.config.json" are not not within the W9FI\config folder.

Jim

Your in the wrong config directory if your seeing "JTAlert" & "JTAlertX" sub-directories.

There are two config directories, one with above mentioned sub-directories is used by the main JTAlert. They contain config.sqlite files. These are not what you want. The other which contains the Callsigns_1.config file is the one causing the problems. See this post for the fix https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/36310

de

Michael Black

Shut down JTAlert and try renaming the HamApps directory then start JTAlert again.

See if that fixes the problem.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 03:51:57 PM CDT, Jim Wysocki <wysocki1@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike, to what should it be renamed?  Will the JTAlert app find the data that it needs when all of this needed information is filed under a different location name?

Jim

On 7/14/2021 1:57 PM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Just rename it temporarily to HamAppsOld

JTAlert will create a new config.  This fixed one other user that I know of.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 04:01:50 PM CDT, Jim Wysocki <wysocki1@...> wrote:

[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/07/2021 6:57 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Shut down JTAlert and try renaming the HamApps directory then start JTAlert again.

See if that fixes the problem.

Mike W9MDB

No! That wont work. That has the same effect as deleting the problematic Callsigns_1.config file which will still cause the Manager process to fault when trying to open the Callsigns window.

Using the Callsigns_1.config file included in this post is the fix. https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/36310

de Laurie VK3AMA