locked Problem with QRZ.COM XML Lookup

Richard Black

I've been off the air for awhile and have recently updated to Ver. 2.50.9. I've discovered that the QRZ.COM XML Lookup isn't working. I've checked my QRZ.COM password and my membership expiration and everything looks OK. No error messages, no lookup dates. I'm stumped. Ideas?

Rich - N0FXQ

Ronald Panetta, WB2WGH

Rich,

I just subscribed to QRZ services for the first time about 10 minutes ago, configured JTAlert (same version as you) and it is working fine for me:

image.png
You can also go to your QRZ page under call sign then account and see QRZ's view:
image.png

That might help in isolating the issue.

Ron WB2WGH

--
Ron

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/01/2022 8:17 am, Richard Black via groups.io wrote:
I've been off the air for awhile and have recently updated to Ver. 2.50.9. I've discovered that the QRZ.COM XML Lookup isn't working. I've checked my QRZ.COM password and my membership expiration and everything looks OK. No error messages, no lookup dates. I'm stumped. Ideas?

Rich - N0FXQ

A lack of an error message or last lookup info suggests that the JTAlert XML service is not running.

Open the JTAlert About window, "Help -> About JTAlert" menu, and take a clipboard copy of the "Current operating state"  and post it in your reply. Rather than trying to select all the content of that section, simply use the clipboard copy icon top-right just above that section of the window.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mike / W8DN

Ahhh for the bygone days of the Flying Horse Callbook with update supplements every 3 months (if you could afford them). They were only about 3 months behind the times when they arrived too !! Of course you didn't need the callbook until you waited at least 2 months for your license to appear in the mailbox.
😇😉

Mike / W8DN

On 27/01/2022 8:17 am, Richard Black via groups.io wrote:
I've been off the air for awhile and have recently updated to Ver. 2.50.9. I've discovered that the QRZ.COM XML Lookup isn't working. I've checked my QRZ.COM password and my membership expiration and everything looks OK. No error messages, no lookup dates. I'm stumped. Ideas?

Rich - N0FXQ
A lack of an error message or last lookup info suggests that the JTAlert XML service is not running.

Open the JTAlert About window, "Help -> About JTAlert" menu, and take a clipboard copy of the "Current operating state"  and post it in your reply. Rather than trying to select all the content of that section, simply use the clipboard copy icon top-right just above that section of the window.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Roger- AC6BW

Yeah, those printed callbooks were cool. I wish I'd hung onto a copy, for nostalgia...lol.

Roger
AC6BW

Richard Black

Here is the current operating state...

I also checked my QRZ account for XML activity...

Richard Black

I should also add that I use Logger32 and N2AMG'S QRZ.com XML lookup utility. It works fine.

Rich - N0FXQ

Ronald Panetta, WB2WGH

Richard, I think Laurie was suggesting you copy/paste the entire contents of the current operating state (as text) via the "copy" icon (see my graphic below) in the upper right corner rather than a graphic of the first few lines.

Ron WB2WGH

image.png

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 10:25 AM Richard Black via groups.io <jrblack99sa=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Here is the current operating state...

I also checked my QRZ account for XML activity...

--
Ron

Richard Black

Ooooops. Here is the current state text...

JTAlert Instance       : #1
JTAlert Start Params   : /wsjtx
WSJT-X Window Title    : WSJT-X   v2.5.4   by K1JT, G4WJS, K9AN, and IV3NWV
WSJT-X Command Line    : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"
WSJT-X   --rig-name    :
WSJT-X Config File     : C:\Users\jrbla\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini
WSJT-X Version         :
WSJT-X Revision        :
WSJT-X Spec Op Mode    : None
WSJT-X UDP ID          : WSJT-X
WSJT-X UDP Port        : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server      : 127.0.0.1
WSJT-X UDP MCast on LB : False
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema  :

UDP Ports used
JTAlert.exe           : 55483 50396
JTAlertV2.Manager.exe : 56264 56265 56266
JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe :

Audio output devices
[1] Speakers (USB Audio Device)
[2] HP 24mh (Intel(R) Display Audio)
[3] Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

JTAlertV2.Manager (2.50.9.0) status
(2022-01-27 20:05:26 utc)
CLR Version       : 5.0.13
NET Framework     : .NET 5.0.13
Architecture      : x64 64bit
UDP Router        : Initialized * : YES (WSJT-X)
Audio             : Initialized * : YES (3 output devices)
Activity Service  : Initialized * : YES (started : 58)
Messaging Service : Initialized * : YES (started : 17)
HamSpots Service  : Initialized * : YES
QRZ Xml           : Initialized * : YES (N0FXQ)
HamQth Xml        : Initialized * : YES
QRZ Log           : Initialized * : YES *************
HamQth Log        : Initialized * : YES
ClubLog Log       : Initialized * : YES
Eqsl Log          : Initialized * : YES
HrdLog Log        : Initialized * : YES
DXLab DDE         : Initialized * : YES
User Alert        : Initialized * : YES
Updates Check     : Initialized * : YES (started : 3600)
Environment Check : Initialized * : YES (started : 3600)
Maintenance       : Initialized * : YES (started : 3600)

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/01/2022 7:09 am, Richard Black via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Nothing wrong there. That shows that the QRZ XML service is running and waiting for commands from the main JTAlert process.

Please send me a direct email with your config file attached.
Send to vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com

The config file will be found at
%LocalAppData$%l\HamApps\N0FXQ\config\JTAlertX\config.sqlite

Make sure you send to the above email address and NOT this group.

de Laurie VK3AMA

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/01/2022 7:36 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io wrote:
Please send me a direct email with your config file attached.
Send to vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com

The config file will be found at
%LocalAppData$%l\HamApps\N0FXQ\config\JTAlertX\config.sqlite

Make sure you send to the above email address and NOT this group.

I received your JTAlert config file, thanks. Unfortunately, I could not fault it. It worked correctly for me first time without any change.

The last lookup and subscription dates info is gathered from the results of the XML lookup. In you previous message there was nothing shown in those fields, indicating that nothing was ever received from QRZ. That tells me that QRZ never received the lookup request from JTAlert.

Since there is nothing wrong or mis-configured in your JTAlert config file that leaves me thinking that the request is being blocked, very likely by your protection software.

The xml service of JTAlert is handled by the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process. Likely you may have to configure your protection software to consider that file safe.

de Laurie VK3AMA