Topics

locked Problem with JTAlert 2.16.12 and 2.16.13

Gerard de Veer

I have a problem with installing JTAlert 2.16.12 and JTAlert 2,16.13.
See the pictures.
Question is How can I fixe this????
Please give me an Ansher

Best 73

PD0GIP

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 31/08/2020 3:24 am, Gerard de Veer wrote:
I have a problem with installing JTAlert 2.16.12 and JTAlert 2,16.13.
See the pictures.
Question is How can I fixe this????
Please give me an Ansher

Best 73

PD0GIP

The two most common causes of JTAlert to not receive UDP traffic from WSJTX and thus producing the error shown is
  1. WSJTX is set to run with elevated privileges. That is either the shortcut used to start the program or the executable itself (check both) is set to "Run as Administrator". There is never any legitimate reason to run WSJTX elevated.

  2. Some other WSJTX interacting application has taken exclusive control of the UDP Server port (2237 in your case)t. Try starting WSJTX and JTAlert only.

I strongly advise that you abandon the use of the 127.0.0.1 port 2237 UDP server settings and utilize a multicast IP address, like 239.255.0.0 on port 2237. Other WSJTX interaction applications like DX Aggregator and Grid Tracker will need to be set to use that multicast IP/Port. There is no setting needed for JTAlert as it will automatically adjust to the new multicast address.

Using multicast will allow multiple applications that interact directly with WSJTX/JTDX to run concurrently, provided they support multicast without adversely affecting the other applications, something that is not possible if using the unicast 127.0.0.1 address..

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gerard de Veer

Hello Laurie,

The problem is that I use JTDX and not WSJT-X.
Version 2.16.10 is running without problems but it started with 2.16.12.
And also version 2.16.13 has the same issue.

I checked JTDX  (rc-152) and all parameters are standing normal.

Best 73

Gerard PD0GIP

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 31/08/2020 8:49 pm, Gerard de Veer wrote:
The problem is that I use JTDX and not WSJT-X.
Version 2.16.10 is running without problems but it started with 2.16.12.
And also version 2.16.13 has the same issue.

I checked JTDX  (rc-152) and all parameters are standing normal.

Best 73

Gerard PD0GIP

Did you change the JTDX UDP Server settings to use a multicast address as suggested?
If not, try changing to 239.255.0.0 on port 2237. Restart JTDX and JTAlert after making the UDP change.

de Laurie VK3AMA