locked PC Migration - FOLLOW UP


Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
 

I think I have it.

How do I change the settings so the the box linked to the WSJT-X
has the Menu (it actually does in this new version) AND the
Decode window (all as one window as it did under the older
 Vista version).

73, Ed, KD9FRQ


On 11/5/2021 9:25 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 6/11/2021 12:16 pm, Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io wrote:
I had to move from a Vista 32 PC to a Windows 10 Pro 64 PC.

AFter I install JTAlert, what files may I copy from the old PC

to the new one so I do not lose any of the already worked

stations?

73, Ed, KD9FRQ

See the JTAlert Help File, "Frequently Asked Questions -> Move JTAlert to a New PC" topic. While that topic discusses the location of the users %LocalAppData% HamApps directory under Win 7/8/10 it should be the same for Vista.

de Laurie VK3AMA



HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 8/11/2021 11:26 pm, Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io wrote:
How do I change the settings so the the box linked to the WSJT-X
has the Menu (it actually does in this new version) AND the
Decode window (all as one window as it did under the older
 Vista version).

73, Ed, KD9FRQ

Sorry Ed, I can't decipher what you're describing. Please rephrase your question and include window titles so I know what you're referring to.

"box linked to the WSJT-X" refers to what exactly, which window?

de Laurie VK3AMA


Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
 

I have attached the screen capture. Image is also embedded in this reply
just in case some server decides to strip the attachment.

The main JTAlert menu box is linked to the bottom of the wsjt-x box.

I am trying to get the JTAlert decodes box to be part of the JTAlert menu
box and stay linked to the wsjt-x box just like the Vista version of JTAlert
did.

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ

JTAlert

On 11/8/2021 1:38 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 8/11/2021 11:26 pm, Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io wrote:
How do I change the settings so the the box linked to the WSJT-X
has the Menu (it actually does in this new version) AND the
Decode window (all as one window as it did under the older
 Vista version).

73, Ed, KD9FRQ

Sorry Ed, I can't decipher what you're describing. Please rephrase your question and include window titles so I know what you're referring to.

"box linked to the WSJT-X" refers to what exactly, which window?

de Laurie VK3AMA



HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 11/11/2021 5:20 am, Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io wrote:
I have attached the screen capture. Image is also embedded in this reply
just in case some server decides to strip the attachment.

The main JTAlert menu box is linked to the bottom of the wsjt-x box.

I am trying to get the JTAlert decodes box to be part of the JTAlert menu
box and stay linked to the wsjt-x box just like the Vista version of JTAlert
did.

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ

JTAlert



The window you're referring to is the "Callsigns" window, not the "Decodes" window which is totally different. That is what is shown in its titlebar text and how it is called under the View menu and in the help file.

Sorry, there is no facility to dock the Callsigns window to the WSJTX window. There are no immediate plans to provide that functionality.

de Laurie VK3AMA