Topics

locked Password Not Being Accepted

Paul

Laurie,

I have a new laptop with a new installation of WSJT-X and JTAlert, and neither clicking nor double-clicking on a decoded callsign does anything – no receive focus on the decoded station and no TX enabling – whereas I can click and double-click on the callsign within WSJT-X (if I can find it in time).

So, I attempted to log into the HamApps group to post a message about this but, even though I very carefully entered my password, it is rejected.

I do not know why, but what can I do about this?

Thank you.

73…  Paul (VE3PS)

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/01/2021 2:00 am, Paul wrote:

I have a new laptop with a new installation of WSJT-X and JTAlert, and neither clicking nor double-clicking on a decoded callsign does anything – no receive focus on the decoded station and no TX enabling – whereas I can click and double-click on the callsign within WSJT-X (if I can find it in time).

So, I attempted to log into the HamApps group to post a message about this but, even though I very carefully entered my password, it is rejected.

I do not know why, but what can I do about this?

Thank you.

73…  Paul (VE3PS)

WSJT-X not responding to the Callsign clicks in JTAlert is a very common problem, more so in recent months. It is caused by not having WSJT-X setup correctly. Specifically, you don't have the "Accept UDP requests" checkbox ticked. See the Reporting tab of the WSJT-X Settings window.

As for you inability to login to the HamApps group, you will need to use the "Email me a link to log in" button that is shown when you get a login failure. There is nothing I can do about your Groups.io login credentials, that is outside the scope of what an individual Group owner/manager is permitted.

de Laurie VK3AMA