Topics

Out of Shack Alert

Carey Fisher

Laurie,
Can you explain what Out of Shack Alert is and what/how it's used? I couldn't find anything about it in the manual (it's "under construction").
It seems like it should be obvious but, for some reason, I can't seem to wrap my head around it.
Thanks, Carey, WB4HXE

--
Carey Fisher

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 6/12/2018 4:00 am, Carey Fisher wrote:
Can you explain what Out of Shack Alert is and what/how it's used? I couldn't find anything about it in the manual (it's "under construction").
It seems like it should be obvious but, for some reason, I can't seem to wrap my head around it.
Thanks, Carey, WB4HXE

See the "Alerts -> Miscellaneous Alerts -> Out of Shack" section of the Settings window.

Basically, the OOS alert generates a specific alert sound (with its own volume and sound repeat) when certain events/alerts are triggered. Very useful when waiting for Band openings or when certain alerts (eg. DXCC) are triggered. It is a way of getting the ops attention that something of interest has been decoded.

de Laurie VK3AMA