(I think that I remember that it was ok at first) but I was playing
around quite a bit with the settings after I first installed JTAlert
to configure it to my liking.
Colors for each alert type are configurable in
Settings -> Manage Settings (F2) -> Alerts

Each type of alert has its own foreground/background combination.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-01-19 2:46 PM, Ed Wilson via groups.io wrote:
I recently installed JTAlert 2.50.9 on another computer in my shack and use it with JTDX 2.2.158 and ACL 7.0.3. For some reason, the "License Plates" in the Callsigns #1 window all have a background of orange and I cannot figure out how to change that background to green for a CQ call and white with a green border for someone completing a contact with a 73. There is a green border around a 73 license plate but the background is always orange. I have no idea how I somehow changed the background from the default (I think that I remember that it was ok at first) but I was playing around quite a bit with the settings after I first installed JTAlert to configure it to my liking.
Thanks in advance for any guidance!
Ed, K0KC

chas cartmel

Colours are set in the settings for each alert and which one takes priority is decided by your priority settings, Check the manual.

73 Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Stay safe out there

I recently installed JTAlert 2.50.9 on another computer in my shack and use it with JTDX 2.2.158 and ACL 7.0.3. For some reason, the "License Plates" in the Callsigns #1 window all have a background of orange and I cannot figure out how to change that background to green for a CQ call and white with a green border for someone completing a contact with a 73. There is a green border around a 73 license plate but the background is always orange. I have no idea how I somehow changed the background from the default (I think that I remember that it was ok at first) but I was playing around quite a bit with the settings after I first installed JTAlert to configure it to my liking.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Ed, K0KC

For more info visit www.bullguard.com

Ed Wilson

Joe,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the Alerts do show green for say a CQ, but it does show up as orange. Just for "fun" I changed the setting to show worked before stations as I had previously had it configured to not show worked before station. The background of the license plates changed to gray even though the CQ alert type still showed green. I am wondering if an initialization or configuration file is somehow corrupted in JTAlert which is causing this strange behavior. Perhaps Laurie can shed light on the situation.

Ed, K0KC

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/01/2022 6:46 am, Ed Wilson via groups.io wrote:
I recently installed JTAlert 2.50.9 on another computer in my shack and use it with JTDX 2.2.158 and ACL 7.0.3. For some reason, the "License Plates" in the Callsigns #1 window all have a background of orange and I cannot figure out how to change that background to green for a CQ call and white with a green border for someone completing a contact with a 73. There is a green border around a 73 license plate but the background is always orange. I have no idea how I somehow changed the background from the default (I think that I remember that it was ok at first) but I was playing around quite a bit with the settings after I first installed JTAlert to configure it to my liking.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Ed, K0KC

You need to look how you have the Alert colors configured to see which Alert is generating the orange background. The "View -> Alert types summary window" menu will give something like this...

Once you know what type of Alert is being triggered you can go to that Alert in the Setting window to determine what Alert entity is still set as needed and thus generating the Alert.

Hover your mouse over the callsign and view the resulting tooltip. The blue highlighted entries under the Location section indicate the associated Alert type that was triggered.
eg.

My guess is that you're getting multiple Alert types being triggered for each callsign. Likely you are running JTAlert against an new empty log or you have never run the "Rebuild Alert Database" operation.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ed Wilson

Charlie,

Thanks for the response. I have CQ at the top of my priority list and I still have the orange license plate problem.

Ed, K0KC

chas cartmel

That is weird.

When it says “only the highest priority alert will set the colour” then your process is really ‘off the wall’.
I have a section in the callsign display panels to show only ‘CQs’, I assume if you have that the colours are wrong there as well.
Is it green in WSJT-X or orange?

73 Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Stay safe out there

Thanks for the response. I have CQ at the top of my priority list and I still have the orange license plate problem.

Ed, K0KC

For more info visit www.bullguard.com

Ed Wilson

Charlie,

I normally use JTDX and have not checked things out using WSJT-X.

Ed, K0KC

Ed Wilson

Ok, everybody, I am very close to what I want. The only alert that I want is my own call, CQ, and Directed CQ.

CQ and Directed CQ are now in green and 73 shows up in a box with a gray background and a green outline. I wish this background could be white, but I have not found a way to change it. I am wondering if this is a Windows setting as the general theme of all of my apps is gray but I have not found a way to change that (yet).

In any case, thanks for all of the help!

Ed, K0KC