Nothing Works

I just installed a TCXO in my TS-480. It works fine. It is right or frequency now. I tried to run FT8 on my ham laptop but apparently something has happened to it. My N3FJP log works and my FLRIG works but not at the same time. My WSJT-X won't find the rig either. Can someone please help me?

Dave Garber

how many come ports do you have

n3fjp using a port? via flrig? not sure why, and what is left for wsjtx    they cant share unless you use something to create virtual ports.

I used lbp2 bridge for the actual com port on the radio, then told n3fjp and wsjtx to each use one I created.

not sure what flrig is being used for here

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 7:24 PM Dave Alexander <dave.alexander1947@...> wrote:
I just installed a TCXO in my TS-480. It works fine. It is right or frequency now. I tried to run FT8 on my ham laptop but apparently something has happened to it. My N3FJP log works and my FLRIG works but not at the same time. My WSJT-X won't find the rig either. Can someone please help me?

2 comports – usb and com 3 using com 3

Am trying using wsjt-x only

Never heard of lbp2

If you want to log in to my machine, I can let you.

73's

Dave

KA3PMW

@ka3pmw

n3fjp using a port? via flrig? not sure why, and what is left for wsjtx    they cant share unless you use something to create virtual ports.

I used lbp2 bridge for the actual com port on the radio, then told n3fjp and wsjtx to each use one I created.

not sure what flrig is being used for here

Dave Garber

VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 7:24 PM Dave Alexander <dave.alexander1947@...> wrote:

I just installed a TCXO in my TS-480. It works fine. It is right or frequency now. I tried to run FT8 on my ham laptop but apparently something has happened to it. My N3FJP log works and my FLRIG works but not at the same time. My WSJT-X won't find the rig either. Can someone please help me?

Dave Garber

I just saw your email.   The usb should be assigning a comport as well.  Are you trying to have wsjt on com3?    Is flrig or n3fjp running?

I can log in via TeamViewer tomorrow morning.   I am usually in the shack shortly after 12:00 utc.   I will need you to have teamviwer running.    Password can follow.   Dont send in same email....

sent via LG hand held device

On Fri., Nov. 19, 2021, 8:42 p.m. Dave Alexander, <dave.alexander1947@...> wrote:

[...]

Meant to ask.  Why are you using flrig?   Are you using it for n3fjp and wsjt? Cat control

sent via LG hand held device