Topics

locked Nothing in the Decode table


Wayne Morris
 

I am using the WSJT-X, Windows 10, HRD (radio). I friend was trying to get JTAlert working and called me. MineĀ  has been fine for a long time. I suggested he update to the latest version before we worked on it. I noticed my version was not the latest either. We both updated to the latest version and his is still not working and mine stopped working. The problem is apparently the UDP connection by checking hte About in Help.

I have tried:
  1. uninstalling and going back to the previous version of JTAlert
  2. uninstalling both WSJT-X and JTAlert
  3. uninstalling, deleting all folders for WSJT-X and JTAlert and reinstalling both programs
Nothing seems to make any difference. I also checked my installation on the laptop to check the settings there. It does work currently although older versions.

At this point, I am not sure what else to do. I really rely on the information in the JTAlert decode box. I hope I can get it back.
--


73's Wayne, AC5V


Wayne Morris
 

I discovered the problem is with the firewall!! For whatever reason, the firewall was blocking the UDP connection. I had to open the application for public networks to get it working again.
Also got the other station working.
--


73's Wayne, AC5V


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 29/10/2020 9:09 am, Wayne Morris wrote:
I discovered the problem is with the firewall!! For whatever reason, the firewall was blocking the UDP connection. I had to open the application for public networks to get it working again.
Also got the other station working.
--


73's Wayne, AC5V

Thanks for the update.

de Laurie VK3AMA