locked Not Receiving long entries into HRD

Brad N8PC <bradn8pc@...>

HRD Logbook v6.7.0.391
JT Alert 2.50.7

UDP is set for 2333 on adress 224.0.0.1

please tell me what I am missing as this is a new install.  Also my JTALERT does not show the entry for FT4 v3.1 log under Logging options

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/11/2021 5:15 am, Brad N8PC wrote:
HRD Logbook v6.7.0.391
JT Alert 2.50.7

UDP is set for 2333 on adress 224.0.0.1

please tell me what I am missing as this is a new install.  Also my JTALERT does not show the entry for FT4 v3.1 log under Logging options

Not logging to HRD has nothing to do with the WSJTX UDP settings. If they were not correct JTAlert would not have seen the logging event and would not have tried to log to HRD and subsequently produced the failure message. You can ignore the UDP settings in WSJTX.

You image shows that JTAlert did not receive any sort of response to the TCP logging command sent to HRDLogbook. Typical causes...
  • HRDLogbook not running.
  • HRDLogbook is running with elevated privileges, set to run as Administrator. There is no need for this type of elevation.
  • PC Protection software interference.

de Laurie VK3AMA

_._,_._,_

Brad N8PC <bradn8pc@...>

  • HRDLogbook not running.
  • HRDLogbook is running with elevated privileges, set to run as Administrator. There is no need for this type of elevation.
  • PC Protection software interference.
hrd is running. Logbook is open and it is not running as admin there is no PC protection running

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021, 3:51 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
[...]

Dave Garber

also make sure thile name and path are the same, exactly in JTA, as they show in HRD.   that was a mistake I made
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 5:56 PM Brad N8PC <bradn8pc@...> wrote:
[...]

Ed Hobbs

Brad,

What IP are you using in the log setup in JTAlert?  It should probably be the localhost address (127.0.0.1)

Ed

[...]

Not using jtalert to log. It is logging into HRD thru WSJT-X. Found a video to set it up with the version of HRD that I am running

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021, 9:07 AM Ed Hobbs <ehobbs@...> wrote:

[...]

neil_zampella

Do you have HRD's database setup in JT Alert in any way?  If not, you're not going to get most alerts since JT Alert needs a log to refer to

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 10:37 AM, Brad N8PC wrote:

Not using jtalert to log. It is logging into HRD thru WSJT-X. Found a video to set it up with the version of HRD that I am running

Brad N8PC <bradn8pc@...>

It is setup just not enabled and I get my alerts just fine.