Topics

No sound JTALERT 2.16.9

lmeeny

Hello,

I'm having a recurring problem. Selected alerts and test sound card .wav files are not being played.  Under settings I've verified the .wav files are present and selected. Playing an individual .wav file via windows works OK.

Suggestions please.

73

Ed W2GHD

lmeeny

Hello,

An additional bit of information. JTALERT does not show up in the volume mixer during test sound card or while  another alert is commanded.

Also, Task Manager, under APPS, lists WSJT-X (Jtalert alt. layout) 32 bit and, under Background Processes, JTALERTV2 manager, 32 bit.

73,

Ed W2GHD

John

Hi Ed,

I also have the same problem. I've been "fighting" it for a while. I tried a very earlier version (2.13.10) that started every time.
If you try starting JTAlert a few times it might start. Once I got it started I never shut it down, just minimize it. That works fine until one of your other programs does or needs a computer re-start.
I've been working with Laurie about this.
Send in a Contact Support message, under "Help"

73,
John

On 25/07/2020 1:02 am, lmeeny wrote:

I'm having a recurring problem. Selected alerts and test sound card .wav files are not being played.  Under settings I've verified the .wav files are present and selected. Playing an individual .wav file via windows works OK.

Suggestions please.

73

Ed W2GHD

Please use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

lmeeny

Laurie,

I'll be away from home for a few days but will send the info on my return.

I'm experiencing the same symptoms as John mentioned in an earlier post, restarting JTALERT enough times brings back the sound. I'll send JTAlert files for both cases.

73

Ed W2GHD