locked No sound and other issues

Gerry S

I just downloaded the latest version of JTalert,
I have no sound and there is no button to test sound. Also there is no place to add or remove wanted countries etc.

I tried reinstall  and still same issues.

Am I missing a window.

Need some help  es tks

gerry

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/09/2021 5:17 am, Gerry S via groups.io wrote:
I just downloaded the latest version of JTalert,
I have no sound and there is no button to test sound. Also there is no place to add or remove wanted countries etc.

I tried reinstall  and still same issues.

Am I missing a window.

Need some help  es tks

gerry

The buttons for testing Sound and adding/removing Countries are where they have always been, within the Settings window. That hasn't changed for many years now.

You can open the Settings window from the main JTAlert window via the "Settings -> Manage Settings ... " menu of by making the window active then using the F2 key.

While sound can be tested from within the Setting window, it is much easier and quicker to do it from the main JTAlert window "Sound" menu.

To be clear, this is the main JTAlert window. It no longer has the limited Callsigns display grid of the old pre 2.50.x series of JTAlert. Note, your main window may not show the log fields or the confirmed Bands display as shown here as they are optional displays.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gerry S

I am not seeing the main window.. Don't know why.   Just a window with Callsigns #1

That is my issue I see

Tks
gerry

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/09/2021 6:27 am, Gerry S via groups.io wrote:
I am not seeing the main window.. Don't know why.   Just a window with Callsigns #1

That is my issue I see

Tks
gerry

The Callsigns window is controlled by the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process and that process is started by the main JTAlert.exe process which is also the main window. So for the Callsigns window to be visible the main JTAlert window would have had to be started.

There should be an entry for the main window in the Windows taskbar, is that visible? There should be an entry with a name starting with "JTAlert 2.50.0" eg.

If there is a taskbar entry, either the main window is off screen, a Google search on "Windows recover off-screen window" will give you instruction for recovering from this very common Windows problem, or the JTAlert window is being po9stiion off screen by WSJTX if you have the JTAlert window docked to WSJTX, and the WSJTX window is positioned near to the screen edge drag the WSJTX window up or down the screen to bring JTAlert into view then once the JTAlert menu is visible turn off the docking.

If there is no taskbar entry for JTAlert, check taskmanager and see if the JTAlert.exe process is running. Under normal operation there should be 2 JTAlert named entries, JTAlert.exe and JTAlertV2.Manager.exe. If JTAlert.exe is not running, don't try starting JTAlert again unless you kill the JTAlertV2.Manager process first. I recommend a Windows restart to ensure any JTAlert processes and file locks are cleared.

If still no joy, it is likely that the JTAlert.exe process is being force killed by your PC Protection software which would account for the JTAlertV2.Manager to be left running as it is normally closed automatically when JTAlert closes. You may have to flag JTAlert and its directories as safe.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gerry S

Thank you so much Laurie. It was off the screen. Also I had not reset a file path for the sounds.

Thank you for all you do for us.

Gerry

K1NY