locked No output devices kusted anong other problems in JTALERT

ed fay

Maybe I am missing something in JTALERT. It was working fine with WSJT-X. I load it all up and JTALERT acted like a new fresh install. So I entered my callsign. Notice it was not displaying any callsigns then also noticed it listed no sound devices for my computer. I uninstalled it, deleted any files left behind, rebooted, and reinstalled it. Same thing. No decodes and no sound devices listed. Latest versions of both software on Win10.

ed fay

I did fix the prob temp by going back to the previous version (2.16.17)

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/06/2021 1:03 pm, ed fay wrote:
Maybe I am missing something in JTALERT. It was working fine with WSJT-X. I load it all up and JTALERT acted like a new fresh install. So I entered my callsign. Notice it was not displaying any callsigns then also noticed it listed no sound devices for my computer. I uninstalled it, deleted any files left behind, rebooted, and reinstalled it. Same thing. No decodes and no sound devices listed. Latest versions of both software on Win10.

Sounds like the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process is being actively interfered with by your PC Protection software.

Non-display of Callsigns and no-listed sound-devices are all symptoms of the Manager process not running or the UDP comms between it and the main JTAlert.exe process are being blocked.

de Laurie VK3AMA