Newbie issue


Batteryman
 

Hi,

Firstly, apologies if I posted this twice.

 installed JTalert but it doesnt seem to be doing anything.



It looks like it isn't reading from JTDX for some reason.  I looked online for an answer but drew a blank.

JTDX works fine and reports QSO for logging to LOG40m etc all fine.

The about file for JTalert contains as below

---------------------------------------------------

JTAlert Instance       : #1
JTAlert Start Params   : /jtdx
JTDX Window Title    : JTDX  by HF community                                         v2.2.0-rc155 , derivative work based on WSJT-X by K1JT
JTDX Command Line    : "C:\JTDX64\155\bin\jtdx.exe" 
JTDX   --rig-name    : 
JTDX Config File     : C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\JTDX\JTDX.ini
JTDX Version         : 
JTDX Revision        : 
JTDX Spec Op Mode    : None
JTDX UDP ID          : 
JTDX UDP Port        : 2238
JTDX UDP Server      : 127.0.0.1
JTDX UDP MCast on LB : False
JTDX UDP Max Schema  : 
 
==================================================
UDP Ports used
--------------------------------------------------
JTAlert.exe           : 49371 64095
JTAlertV2.Manager.exe : 56155 56156 56157
JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe : 
 
 
==================================================
Audio output devices
--------------------------------------------------
[1] Speakers (USB Audio)
[2] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 6 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[3] Headset Earphone (Sennheiser DECT for Lync)
[4] DAX Audio TX (FlexRadio Systems DAX TX)
[5] Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
[6] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 1 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[7] DAX RESERVED IQ RX 4 (FlexRadio Systems DAX IQ)
[8] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 2 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[10] DAX RESERVED IQ RX 1 (FlexRadio Systems DAX IQ)
[11] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 4 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[12] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 3 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[13] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 8 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[14] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 7 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[15] DAX RESERVED MIC AUDIO (FlexRadio Systems DAX MIC Audio)
[16] DAX RESERVED IQ RX 3 (FlexRadio Systems DAX IQ)
[17] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 5 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[18] DAX RESERVED IQ RX 2 (FlexRadio Systems DAX IQ)
 
 
==================================================
JTAlertV2.Manager (2.50.9.0) status
(2021-12-31 16:24:11 utc)
--------------------------------------------------
CLR Version       : 5.0.12
NET Framework     : .NET 5.0.12
Architecture      : x64 64bit
--------------------------------------------------
UDP Router        : Initialized : YES (JTDX)
Audio             : Initialized : YES (17 output devices)
Activity Service  : Initialized : YES (started : 58)
Messaging Service : Initialized : YES (started : 17)
HamSpots Service  : Initialized : YES
QRZ Xml           : Initialized : YES (M0MDS)
HamQth Xml        : Initialized : YES 
QRZ Log           : Initialized : YES 
HamQth Log        : Initialized : YES 
ClubLog Log       : Initialized : YES 
Eqsl Log          : Initialized : YES 
HrdLog Log        : Initialized : YES 
DXLab DDE         : Initialized : YES
User Alert        : Initialized : YES
Updates Check     : Initialized : YES (started : 3600)
Environment Check : Initialized : YES (started : 3600)
Maintenance       : Initialized : YES (started : 3600)
--------------------------------------------------
 





HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 1/01/2022 3:25 am, Batteryman wrote:
 installed JTalert but it doesnt seem to be doing anything.



It looks like it isn't reading from JTDX for some reason.  I looked online for an answer but drew a blank.

JTDX works fine and reports QSO for logging to LOG40m etc all fine.

The about file for JTalert contains as below

---------------------------------------------------

JTAlert Instance       : #1
JTAlert Start Params   : /jtdx
JTDX Window Title    : JTDX  by HF community                                         v2.2.0-rc155 , derivative work based on WSJT-X by K1JT
JTDX Command Line    : "C:\JTDX64\155\bin\jtdx.exe" 
JTDX   --rig-name    : 
JTDX Config File     : C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\JTDX\JTDX.ini
JTDX Version         : 
JTDX Revision        : 
JTDX Spec Op Mode    : None
JTDX UDP ID          : 
JTDX UDP Port        : 2238
JTDX UDP Server      : 127.0.0.1
JTDX UDP MCast on LB : False
JTDX UDP Max Schema  : 
 

Your image shows that JTAlert has been unable to establish UDP comms with JTDX, "Unknown Band, Unknown Mode" in JTAlert titlebar text.

Since you have JTDX set to use unicast UDP (127.0.0.1) rather than the recommended multicast and Log4 logging JTDX QSOs indicates that Log4 has taken exclusive control of the UDP server port locking JTAlert out.

You need to setup to use multicast UDP and setup Log4OM correctly removing its direct logging from JTDX.
See the JTAlert Help. "WSJT-X UDP Setup" topic. In that topic you can ignore the interface selection part as JTDX doesn't provide for interlace selection like WSJT-X.
In the Help file see the "Logging -> Log4OM V2" topic for correct Log4OM setup. Make sure you remove or disable any inbound connections you have currently set on port 2238 or 2237.


de Laurie VK3AMA



Batteryman
 
Edited

First i want to thank you for the quick reply.

I know of at least two other users who gave up because they couldn't get it to work.  I now know enough to help them.

I'm still short on a little detail with the details,  for example I see online this kind of layout, which is attached and below the JTalert toolbar.






But mine doesn't seem to want to follow that layout and gives me a separate box.



However it does now work.  My concern would be that now I have to have JTalert running or I can't log.


Jim N6VH
 


On 1/3/2022 8:39 AM, Batteryman wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

First i want to thank you for the quick reply.

I know of at least two other users who gave up because they couldn't get it to work.  I now know enough to help them.

I'm still short on a little detail with the details,  for example I see online this kind of layout, which is attached and below the JTalert toolbar.






But mine doesn't seem to want to follow that layout and gives me a separate box.



However it does now work.  My concern would be that now I have to have JTalert running or I can't log.

The first picture is of an older version of JTAlert. Stick with the newer version. Yes, you do have to have JTAlert running in order to log. That has always been the case, unless you were using WSJT-X ot JTDX to log directly to your logging program. Using JTAlert to do the logging is a much better solution, in my opinion. You want to have JTAlert running any time you are using WSJT-X or JTDX. I can't see any reason to not have JTAlert running along with either of those two programs. There are many benefits to have it running.

73,

Jim N6VH


Batteryman
 
Edited

OK thanks for the information.

Sorry to be a pain but i have another couple of question.
How would i get JTalert to read my logfile in order to create the alerts of all countries/states/modes that I haven't worked.
For example all US states not worked by mode and frequency as you might want to do WAS.

Also how to stop the alerts from flashing so much,  you get epileptic issues.....

Mike
M0MDS


Jim N6VH
 


On 1/3/2022 9:46 AM, Batteryman wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

OK thanks for the information.

Sorry to be a pain but i have another couple of question.
How would i get JTalert to read my logfile in order to create the alerts of all countries/states/modes that I haven't worked.
For example all US states not worked by mode and frequency as you might want to do WAS.

Also how to stop the alerts from flashing so much,  you get epileptic issues.....

Mike
M0MDS
_._,_._,_

Mike,

To answer your second question, in Callsigns #1 (using the label from your second picture in your original post), click on the cog in the lower right of the screen. Then click on "Callsigns". In that panel, uncheck "Allow blinking effect". See attached.

For your other question. first, what logging program do you use? At any rate, read the help file, in particular the "Rebuld Alert Database" section. Once you have that setup, and JTAlert set to use a log. do a "Rebuild Alert Database" found under the Settings menu in the main JTAlert window (the one that looks like your first picture, but without the callsign boxes).

73,

Jim N6VH


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 4/01/2022 4:46 am, Batteryman wrote:

Sorry to be a pain but i have another couple of question.
How would i get JTalert to read my logfile in order to create the alerts of all countries/states/modes that I haven't worked.
For example all US states not worked by mode and frequency as you might want to do WAS.

Also how to stop the alerts from flashing so much,  you get epileptic issues.....

Mike
M0MDS

What logger do you use? Is it one of the JTAlert supported loggers?

As for the blinking callsigns, that indicates an ATNO, All Time New One.
Since they are all blinking indicates that you are either not running JTAlert with a logger enabled or you have a logger enabled but have never run the rebuild alert database operation. In either case when JTAlert checks on the status of a dxcc it finds no entries and treats it as an ATNO.

If you don't want to run with a logger enabled you will need to turn off the blinking effect under the Callsigns window options (click the gear icon).

   

de Laurie VK3AMA


Batteryman
 

Thanks Laurie and everyone for your help.
I have it all running exactly as I wanted.

So happy for all your support.

M0MDS