From: Don Farrar
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2020 17:15
Subject: [HamApps] New Zone

What decides when to stop announcing new zone?
I have worked zone 13 several times on 15m and it still is announcing zone 15 as new!
Does it need to be confirmed in ACLog to stop?
I did do a scan log.

73,

VA3ZV

Don Farrar

Thanks Larry.
So i have to listen to "New Zone" every 30 seconds until someone confirms.

73,

ZV

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 5:23 PM Larry Banks via Groups.Io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Don,

It’s new until you have it confirmed in ACLog, and then do a scan/rebuild.  This is the only way JTAlert knows that you have it confirmed.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

What decides when to stop announcing new zone?
I have worked zone 13 several times on 15m and it still is announcing zone 15 as new!
Does it need to be confirmed in ACLog to stop?
I did do a scan log.

73,

VA3ZV

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/01/2020 9:35 am, Don Farrar wrote:
So i have to listen to "New Zone" every 30 seconds until someone confirms.

JTAlert has no way of knowing if the playing of an audio alert if it is new for the current session or has been played multiple times in a session and that it is annoying to you. Go into the settings and drop the volume of the zone audio alert down to zero or clear the audio wave file. But this then means you will miss an audio alert for a zone that may be brand new for the current Band.

It is up to you how you want to manage this. There is no Artificial Intelligence built into JTAlert, the only intelligent part of JTAlert is the operator of the software.

de Laurie VK3AMA

g4wjs

Don,

you decide what constitutes a confirmation in the JTAlert "Scan Log and Update" settings. If you are chasing a Zone award then yes you need a confirmation and you need repeated alerts to locate new confirmation opportunities, if you are just chasing zones for your own interest you might set the confirmation as satisfied by worked only. If you are not interested in zones then turn off the alert or otherwise silence it.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 06/01/2020 22:35, Don Farrar wrote:
[...]

JTAlert by design will not repeat an Alert once a Station has been worked and becomes a B4. Any future decodes of that Station on the current Band will NOT produce the Alert. If your experiencing otherwise it is likely that you have the "Ignore B4" option set for that Alert, in which case the Alert will be played every-time that Station is decoded.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Larry Banks

Hi Don,

I didn’t turn New Zone on until I got down to only a few left.  Now I only need 29 – and wish I heard it a lot more!

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

What decides when to stop announcing new zone?
I have worked zone 13 several times on 15m and it still is announcing zone 15 as new!
Does it need to be confirmed in ACLog to stop?
I did do a scan log.

73,

VA3ZV

Don Farrar

Thanks Bill,

That was what I was looking for.
There are so many adjustments in JTAlert (A good thing)  that I missed that one.
I am not paying any one for an award and don't like working a parameter more than I need to, I clogs up the bands.
So I rely on the alerts to help make new contacts.

Thanks again,

73,

ZV