Topics

locked New JTAlert 2.15.1

k0ua

Windows 7 home premium.  NO sound. No alerts, NO testing your soundcard.  Sound card was deselected, but selecting proper soundcard and reboot did not fix the issue.  Went back to 2.15.0.  Everything back to normal.  73  James K0UA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/11/2019 1:54 am, John Hart via Groups.Io wrote:
noticed that another sound card USB light was flashing when using TEST, went to sound card and re-selected the card I use and sound is now working, don't know if it will stay after shutdown and restart next session.

73 John?? NA2NY
The loss of the old selected device settings is due to the change in audio engine used in 2.15.1. Once you have reelected your desired playback device. it should stick across JTAlert restarts. Try it and see.

On 10/11/2019 12:05 pm, k0ua via Groups.Io wrote:
Windows 7 home premium.  NO sound. No alerts, NO testing your soundcard.  Sound card was deselected, but selecting proper soundcard and reboot did not fix the issue.  Went back to 2.15.0.  Everything back to normal.  73  James K0UA
That sounds (no pun intended) like your audio drivers for the sound card do not support WASAPI. A known problem for older Windows hardware running old or outdated drivers.

The audio library used in 2.15.1 has been replaced with a new audio library for 2.15.2 which resolved the delays experienced by Flex/DAX users. It doesn't default to WASPI, but uses an auto-detect mechanism and selects the output type based on the capabilities of your Sound device/driver. If you would like to test the new build email me direct and I will send you a link.

de Laurie VK3AMA