New install not picking old log #HRD

AH0U

I had to get a new computer and installed WSJT, JTAlert and HRD all work fine but now I notice after I did a log scan in JTAlert, it does not pick up the log entries made from the old computer... For example I have 244 confirmed on 12 meters and JTAlert says 27... just those made after I installed the new computer.... correct this???
AH0U

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/01/2022 9:36 am, AH0U wrote:
had to get a new computer and installed WSJT, JTAlert and HRD all work fine but now I notice after I did a log scan in JTAlert, it does not pick up the log entries made from the old computer... For example I have 244 confirmed on 12 meters and JTAlert says 27... just those made after I installed the new computer.... correct this???
AH0U

The only way JTAlert will pickup the HRD log QSOs of your old PC is by bringing those old QSOs over to your new HRD install. Did you update your new HRD install with an import of your old log?

de Laurie VK3AMA

AH0U

Yes.. all my old QSO's show in my new HRD install

Roger- AC6BW

Did you import the old QSOs into the new log as a ADIF file, or as a XML file (backup)?
If it was an ADIF file, the QSOs will not have all the QSL information in the file.
The correct procedure is to backup your log on your old PC to a XML file. Then copy that XML file over to the new PC, and import the XML file into the new HRD log. The XML file contains ALL of the fields that HRD uses, including the QSL sent/received, LoTW sent/received, etc.
Roger
AC6BW

AH0U

When I do a rebuild it only shows the new ones and none of the old log

AH0U

Tnx but that is exactly what I did... when I  do a rebuild it only shows the new

Tom Job

If I remember correctly, in JTAlert setting>Logging>HRD, I think you have to point JTAlert to the log file.  I could be wrong as I only used the v5 HRD.

Back then it was an MDB file(MS Access) ...don't know what they use now cuz I don't use it any more.

It sounds like you have two log files, a new one and an old one.  You may have to combine them in HRD by importing the old one into the new one, or visa versa, as I don't think JTAlert can use two logs at the same time.  And then point JTAlert to that new, combined file, which should contain everything.

Good luck...

Tom Job
ve3ii@...
Mobile: 705-791-0048

On 2022-01-15 12:19, AH0U wrote:
When I do a rebuild it only shows the new ones and none of the old log

Avast logo

Roger- AC6BW

Yes, he has to point JTAlert to the HRD log file, and specify which version of HRD he is using.
The database is always MS Access by default, unless he converts to Maria DB.
Yes, he has to backup the old log to an XML file on the old PC, then copy the XML file to the new PC, and then Import the old XML log file into the new one. The old QSOs will be written into his new log.

Roger
AC6BW

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/01/2022 4:19 am, AH0U wrote:
When I do a rebuild it only shows the new ones and none of the old log

Are you certain your old QSOs are in the new log that JTAlert is referencing? It sound very much like they are not. Have you examined the new log and confirmed that the old QSOs got imported correctly?

If the old QSOs are present than the cause for the rebuild operation not picking up the old QSOs is very likely that you have the rebuild set to use QSL confirmation types that are not present in the new log. for example, you may have Lotw confirmations set as a requirement for the dxcc alert, but the imported (old)  QSOs don't have that set Lotw received property set.

To troubleshoot, pick a dxcc that is being alerted that you believe should not be then find a QSO in your log for that dxcc and examine its QSL confirmations and see if it matches what you have set for the rebuild.

de Laurie VK3AMA