I just install the latest version of Wsjt-x and JT-alert.  Now I cannot figure out how to get the widow in JT-alert to display the decoded transmissions.  These used to appear right below the WSJT-X application.

73
Jeff

Joe Subich, W4TV

Click View -> Callsigns Window

Help -> JTAlert 2.50 features Help File

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-06-14 7:59 PM, KS0JD-Jeff-913-558-0388 wrote:
I just install the latest version of Wsjt-x and JT-alert.  Now I cannot figure out how to get the widow in JT-alert to display the decoded transmissions.  These used to appear right below the WSJT-X application.
73
Jeff

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/06/2021 9:59 am, KS0JD-Jeff-913-558-0388 wrote:
I just install the latest version of Wsjt-x and JT-alert.  Now I cannot figure out how to get the widow in JT-alert to display the decoded transmissions.  These used to appear right below the WSJT-X application.

73
Jeff

Decoded callsigns no longer display in the main JTAlert window. They are now shown in a dedicated, resizable, no-callsign-limit window. This started with version 2.50.0. See the release notes and associated 2.50.0 features help file. If you don't like the new functionality you can return to version 2.16.17 without issue, the JTAlert config is compatible with both versions.

de Laurie VK3AMA

KS0JD-Jeff-913-558-0388

Nothing comes up in that window either

Dave Garber

is the waterfall in wsjt showing signals?  is you clock time set right?  and  are you selecting the right sound input, and do you not have dotnet 5.0.7 installed

any one of these or all can cause no decodes

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 8:57 PM KS0JD-Jeff-913-558-0388 <darbyj16@...> wrote:
Nothing comes up in that window either

KS0JD-Jeff-913-558-0388

I am getting this

Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.
  UDP Port : 2237
  IP Address : 239.255.0.0
  Values read from WSJT-X config file...
    C:\Users\darby\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini

WSJT-X Detected Instance...
  Process Window Title : WSJT-X   v2.4.0   by K1JT, G4WJS, K9AN, and IV3NWV
  Process Command Line : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"

Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected.

g4wjs

On 16/06/2021 00:31, KS0JD-Jeff-913-558-0388 wrote:
I am getting this

Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.
  UDP Port : 2237
  IP Address : 239.255.0.0
  Values read from WSJT-X config file...
    C:\Users\darby\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini

WSJT-X Detected Instance...
  Process Window Title : WSJT-X   v2.4.0   by K1JT, G4WJS, K9AN, and IV3NWV
  Process Command Line : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"

Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected.
OM (Jeff?),

have you checked the JTAlert Settings menu option "Multicast on loopback interface"?

Bill
G4WJS.

algarvian1943@...

Hi OM no I shall try this thankd 73 de Jan

--
Hi all. I am trying to set up JTAlert. I downloaded and installed NET version 5.0.7 However when I open JT Alert  it says it cannot find NET.0.7 ! And invite me to install it again ?
What can be the reason for this. Is it perhaps that there is an older NET version ? How can I connect Version 5 in order that JT Alert will recognise it ?

Chris Levingston

I have the same problem, but have checked that option, as per the attached.

Clicking on View brings up the menu but I clicking on the starred items does not work so I cannot see the Callsigns Window, as per the next screen shot attached.

Thanks in advance - Chris    VK5SA

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 17/06/2021 2:40 pm, Chris Levingston wrote:
Clicking on View brings up the menu but I clicking on the starred items does not work so I cannot see the Callsigns Window, as per the next screen shot attached
Is the Callsigns window perhaps showing off-screen? Is there an entry for the Callsigns window in the Windows taskbar? If so then a quick Google search will return a solution to recovering off-screen windows, a common Windows problem.

Are you able to open the Help -> About window?

de Laurie VK3AMA

KS0JD-Jeff-913-558-0388

I went one version back and everything seems to work now.
Thanks
Jeff

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/06/2021 9:05 am, KS0JD-Jeff-913-558-0388 wrote:
I went one version back and everything seems to work now.
Thanks
Jeff

What version did you roll back to?

You never did answer the question I asked here,
Are you able to open the Help -> About window? That result would provide me with some insight as to what was happening. But that is irrelevant now as you have changed version.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Chris Levingston

Hi Laurie.

I already looked for it off-screen and it does not appear in the taskbar.

The Help>About window does not work.

HOWEVER, I wondered whether the previous version of JTAlert was causing problems, so installed HRD, WSJT-X and the latest build of JTAlert on my laptop (which has never had any of them installed, and is only used for Zoom club meetings and to give me a big display on my Nano VNA) and it all works fine there.

I guess that I now need to completely uninstall the old JTAlert installation while keeping the log and settings, so open to any advice.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated - Chris

Chris Levingston

20.50.2 fixed the problem, thanks heaps, Laurie - Chris