New feature suggestion - a temp parking area for call signs #FT8

Pat N6PAT

Here's one from my wish list.

When monitoring the call sign window while working one station you might see another station you want to try when you're done with the first station but by the time you're done with the first station the second station's call sign is gone - especially on the fast moving FT4.  On a crowded band it can be difficult to locate them again without stopping the monitor and searching for them.

How about an option to click and drag a call sign box to a separate parking area of the window so you can easily return to it when you're done with the previous station?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/04/2021 8:06 am, Pat N6PAT via groups.io wrote:
Here's one from my wish list.

When monitoring the call sign window while working one station you might see another station you want to try when you're done with the first station but by the time you're done with the first station the second station's call sign is gone - especially on the fast moving FT4.  On a crowded band it can be difficult to locate them again without stopping the monitor and searching for them.

How about an option to click and drag a call sign box to a separate parking area of the window so you can easily return to it when you're done with the previous station?

I like the idea.

With the old JTAlert Callsigns display, something like this would be a "definite no". With the flexibility the new UI creation code provides, it is a "qualified yes". I'll add it to the "todo-pending-implementation-tests" list.

One up vote from me...I've had this problem too....

Thanks Laurie...things are really improving on all fronts....

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, April 18, 2021, 05:21:51 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

[...]

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe Subich, W4TV

What I would like to see is a section similar to the "callers" display
for specified alerts - New Grid, New DXCC and New CQ Zone (in my case).
The alert would remain visible/active until worked, cleared manually,
or a time-out.

I would, for example, put the "alerts" at the top of the callsigns
window, generally callers (e.g."CQ" and "73"), in the middle, and
"calling me" at the bottom.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 19/04/2021 8:39 am, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
What I would like to see is a section similar to the "callers" display
for specified alerts - New Grid, New DXCC and New CQ Zone (in my case).
The alert would remain visible/active until worked, cleared manually,
or a time-out.

I would, for example, put the "alerts" at the top of the callsigns
window, generally callers (e.g."CQ" and "73"), in the middle, and
"calling me" at the bottom.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV

I have this on my todo list already.

It will require reworking of the Callsigns window, replacing the existing divider between the main display and the Callers display with a user-dragable splitter allowing for resizing of the Callers display from the current single line/column of callsigns. That is already partially coded. Adding an additional
"Tracked Alerts" view will require adding an additional splitter along with the necessary settings and restoring of the window layout.

It wont make the next release, that is primarily a fixes release, Once the fixes build is live, I can start working in earnest on a new features build.

I'll likely push the fixes build to the Test Team today or tomorrow.

de Laurie VK3AMA