Topics

locked New Computer Hookup Problem

W7JHR@...

I just changed computers and when I reloaded the WSJT-x and JTAlert software I noticed two changes.  One, the stations in the alert call window show their states but the dx calls don’t show the countries. Two, when I log the QSO to ACLog it only picks up part of the information.  In the past, it would log state, county, grid etc.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

Dave Garber

Jtalert requires qrz login .  check your user and password are entered and correct

On Mon., Feb. 15, 2021, 7:47 p.m. W7JHR via groups.io, <W7JHR=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I just changed computers and when I reloaded the WSJT-x and JTAlert software I noticed two changes.  One, the stations in the alert call window show their states but the dx calls don’t show the countries. Two, when I log the QSO to ACLog it only picks up part of the information.  In the past, it would log state, county, grid etc.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

W7JHR@...

Hi Dave,
I have put my correct QRZ login and password in.  Still no joy.  Any thoughts? Very frustrating, I know it’s just a matter getting the settings right.
Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

Dave Garber

not without seeing the full setup

perhaps you virus program is blocking access to qrz??

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 3:48 PM W7JHR via groups.io <W7JHR=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Dave,
I have put my correct QRZ login and password in.  Still no joy.  Any thoughts? Very frustrating, I know it’s just a matter getting the settings right.
Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/02/2021 11:47 am, W7JHR via groups.io wrote:
I just changed computers and when I reloaded the WSJT-x and JTAlert software I noticed two changes.  One, the stations in the alert call window show their states but the dx calls don’t show the countries. Two, when I log the QSO to ACLog it only picks up part of the information.  In the past, it would log state, county, grid etc.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

If your not seeing country names it will be due to not having the "Show DXCC Names" menu ticked. It is under the "View -> Callsign Display Lines" menu.

If additional log data (like State, Name, QTH, Zones, etc) is not being logged it will be due to the corresponding fields in the JTAlert Log Fields area not containing that data.  That data can come from three places, either a previous QSO in your log, an XML lookup (assuming it is enabled in JTAlert) or by manually entering the data pre-logging.

Enabling an XML service in JTAlert is the recommended method.
Make sure you have the Log Fields visible and watch if the data is getting populated after you change your QSO partner (change the WSJT-X DXCall). The data may take a couple of seconds to populate depending on the speed of your Internet connection or the XML service at the time. If the data is not getting updated from the XML lookup, you likely have  incorrect  credentials set or your subscription has expired.

de Laurie VK3AMA

W7JHR@...

Thanks Laurie that did the trick. I knew it was a matter of pressing the right button, but I just couldn’t find it.

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR