locked Net 5.0.7 question

Jim Spears

does this problem affect only users who are using JTalert audio alerts or all JTalert users?

in other words, if I have no audio alerts of any kind enabled, will I be affected by the Microsoft update?

Jim/N1NK

g4wjs

On 11/06/2021 13:36, Jim Spears wrote:
does this problem affect only users who are using JTalert audio alerts or all JTalert users?

in other words, if I have no audio alerts of any kind enabled, will I be affected by the Microsoft update?

Jim/N1NK
Hi Jim,

yes I believe that is the case, no audio alerts - no problem.

Bill
G4WJS.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/06/2021 10:36 pm, Jim Spears wrote:
does this problem affect only users who are using JTalert audio alerts or all JTalert users?

in other words, if I have no audio alerts of any kind enabled, will I be affected by the Microsoft update?

Jim/N1NK

The defect is only triggered when an Alert sound is played.
If you don't have any audio alerts enabled or if the JTAlert Sound menu is set to OFF the defect is not triggered so there is no need to downgrade from NET 5.0.7

de Laurie VK3AMA