Topics

NE9U not highilghted as wanted callsign

Jim Reisert AD1C

For some reason, the call NE9U is not being highlighted as a wanted
callsign. It's in the list. Other calls are being highlighted. I
saw the same problem on both 17m and 15m. I tried removing it and
adding it again, nothing changed. Very strange.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us

Jim Reisert AD1C

Another call I added isn't working either (KB0QEF). I am seeing other
callsigns highlighted in the same receive sequence. Is there a limit
as to the maximum number of wanted callsigns supported by the program?
I'm running JTAlert 2.16.16

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/11/2020 11:55 am, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
For some reason, the call NE9U is not being highlighted as a wanted
callsign.  It's in the list.  Other calls are being highlighted.  I
saw the same problem on both 17m and 15m.  I tried removing it and
adding it again, nothing changed.  Very strange.

- Jim
Does NE9U already exist in your log for those 2 bands? If so he wont be alerted unless your enable the "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" setting for the Wanted Callsign Alert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Reisert AD1C

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 6:39 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io <vk3ama.ham.apps=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Does NE9U already exist in your log for those 2 bands? If so he wont be alerted unless your enable the "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" setting for the Wanted Callsign Alert.

No, I have only worked him on 30m FT8, but the spots were on 17m and 15m.  They did not highlight.

I just added K2HT.  He's calling CQ on 80m.  I have a 15m QSO.  The new call is being highlighted correctly.

I wish I could figure out the pattern!

I wishI wish I could figure out the pattern..._.__,

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us

Jim Reisert AD1C

"Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" is checked. In general, I
probably want that unchecked. I assume if the call is on a different
band it won't be considered "worked before" and will display
highlighted.

--

On 22/11/2020 12:52 pm, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
I assume if the call is on a different
band it won't be considered "worked before" and will display
highlighted.

What Band/Mode/Grid options do you have set for the "Worked B4" Alert?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Reisert AD1C

What Band/Mode/Grid options do you have set for the "Worked B4" Alert?
I have "Ignore Gridsquare" checked, nothing else. I don't see any way
to select worked B4 bands.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us

Jim Reisert AD1C

I just added another call, WB0-something. Never worked before, ever.
Originally Cyan background. Did not turn purple on his next
transmission.

I added the call, then got interrupted with my previous E-mail reply,
so forget what it was.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us

Jim Reisert AD1C

The call I added was WB0CPW. Just transmitted again. Still cyan.
Other calls on the same band in the same sequence turned purple.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us

Jim Reisert AD1C

Unchecking the "Ignore grid square" box made no difference.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/11/2020 1:16 pm, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
I don't see any way
to select worked B4 bands.
You can't select Worked B4 bands, all bands are considered. A band that is considered worked B4 is determined from examining your Log.

Since I have some concrete examples of Callsigns failing for you, the next step is for me to try reproduce the problem using a setup similar to yours. Please use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis. In a separate email send me a copy of your log file (send to vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com)

On 22/11/2020 1:19 pm, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
The call I added was WB0CPW.  Just transmitted again.  Still cyan.
Other calls on the same band in the same sequence turned purple
OK, I know what is going on. The "Cyan" is the clue.

The Callsigns that are not being colored as "Wanted Callsigns" are being colored by a higher priority Alert (your Cyan Alert in this case). If you want the "Wanted Callsign" alert to take priority over all other Alert types than you need to adjust the priorities bringing the Wanted Callsign Alert to the top of the list or at least above the Alert types that you don't mind missing.

When a Callsign generates multiple Alert types, only the highest priority Alert will dictate the coloring applied. All triggered Alert sounds will be applied however.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Reisert AD1C

The Callsigns that are not being colored as "Wanted Callsigns" are being colored by a higher priority Alert (your Cyan Alert in this case). If you want the "Wanted Callsign" alert to take priority over all other Alert types than you need to adjust the priorities bringing the Wanted Callsign Alert to the top of the list or at least above the Alert types that you don't mind missing.

When a Callsign generates multiple Alert types, only the highest priority Alert will dictate the coloring applied. All triggered Alert sounds will be applied however.
OK. I thought I had fixed the priority a long time ago. I guess not.
It's fixed now. Callsigns are at the TOP of the list.

Sorry for the bandwidth.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us