Name and Callsign ....

Joe Subich, W4TV

(OM, name?, callsign?),
For all users of Groups.io Mail lists ...

If you will use the web interface *one time* and select Account
under your name in the upper right corner of the menu bar, then
select "Identity" from the left hand menu, you will be presented
"Account Profiles" for each list to which you have subscribed.

Scroll down to the HamApps | Support list,
Click the "Edit" button
Set "Display Name" to your full name and callsign.

Now for every message you post - either by e-mail or from the
web interface - the system will show your name and callsign
in the "From" line in the Email header or the "From" space in
the web interface.

Do it one time and you will not need to remember to "sign"
each posting (although those using a competent e-mail program
will generally have the ability to use a "canned" signature
that can include name and callsign as below).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-05-02 3:51 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:
On 3/05/2021 5:13 am, wkjohn@suddenlink.net wrote:
My question is how can you transfer an existing copy of JTAlert to a new computer while maintaining of your settings, preferences, logs, etc.  I searched the group and found a reference to FAQs but I cannot find the FAQ section.  Could someone post the procedure or the link to the procedure.

Thanks in advance!
(OM, name?, callsign?),
If there is no FAQ section in the Help file it will be due to opening the wrong Help. There are two help files now (starting with 2.50.0). Make sure you're not opening the "2.50.0 features" help.
Alternatively, use the dedicated menu entry for the FAQ which will open the correct Help file and navigate to the applicable section.
de Laurie VK3AMA

Carey, WB4HXE

Thank you for this Joe!

--
Carey Fisher

Frode Igland

Adding the call sign to the account information will show the call sign in all contexts where this e-mail account is used. I guess several particpants in this group and other ham radio groups uses the same e-mail account in many non-ham radio contexts where the call sign has no natural place and primarily will raise questions. I find it better to sign name and call sign in the messages.

73, LA6VQ Frode

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-05-03 4:12 AM, Frode Igland wrote:
Adding the call sign to the account information will show the call
sign in all contexts where this e-mail account is used.
Adding the name and callsign to the *HamApps* account in Groups.io
*WILL NOT* make the name and callsign show up in any other context.
That information is only added/displayed on postings through the
list.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-05-03 4:12 AM, Frode Igland wrote:
Adding the call sign to the account information will show the call sign in all contexts where this e-mail account is used. I guess several particpants in this group and other ham radio groups uses the same e-mail account in many non-ham radio contexts where the call sign has no natural place and primarily will raise questions. I find it better to sign name and call sign in the messages.
73, LA6VQ Frode

Carey, WB4HXE

Frode,
By following Joe's instructions, you only change the Display Name on whichever group(s) you select.
73, Carey, WB4HXE