locked N3FJP not getting FT8 Grid data via JTAlert/WSJT-X

David WA9AVZ

I am so happy JT Alert allows Amateur Contact Log to receive most of the contact data from WSJT-X v2.30. However, I do not know how to configure to get and display the required Grid data (Both mine and the contact's grid)/
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
David
WA9AVZ

Michael Black

Look in JTAlert's FAQ under Troubleshooting WSJT-X UDP Setup for ACLog setup
Then you should be able to configure ACLog to detect the 224.0.0.1  address

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, January 21, 2022, 05:30:58 PM CST, David <ursa.major@...> wrote:

I am so happy JT Alert allows Amateur Contact Log to receive most of the contact data from WSJT-X v2.30. However, I do not know how to configure to get and display the required Grid data (Both mine and the contact's grid)/
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
David
WA9AVZ

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/01/2022 9:48 am, David wrote:
I am so happy JT Alert allows Amateur Contact Log to receive most of the contact data from WSJT-X v2.30. However, I do not know how to configure to get and display the required Grid data (Both mine and the contact's grid)/
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
David
WA9AVZ

JTAlert will always send the grid of your QSO partner in the logging instruction sent to ACLog provided the grid is known. The grid used on-air (as seen in previous CQ messages), received from an XML lookup or from a previous QSO in your log will be used.

It is rare that a grid is not sent to the logger. A common situation where that is not the case is for callsigns operating maritime mobile when the grid tends to be unknown from standard JT mode messages.

As for your own grid, JTAlert doesn't care about that except for calculating distances and headings. For logging you should have your grid already set within ACLog.

de Laurie VK3AMA

David WA9AVZ

Laurie et al,
Thank you for your replies.
I have not explained my problem very eloquently. I can affirm that when I click on the WXJT-X log window after completing a FT8 contact, JT Alert confirms that the data was successfully transmitted to ACL, including the Grid of the contact.

However, I was uncertain if ACL was actually getting their Grid, because it does not have a visible field displaying it.  Everything else is clearly visible on the record in ACL.

Assuming it is in fact getting the Grid data (which I am feeling is likely) is there a way I can actually see it on the ACL screen?
Can I map one of the "Other" ACL fields to display their Grid?

I just want to be sure that I upload a batch of contacts from ACL to LoTW, the upload will include their Grid data, as required to confirm an FT8 QSO.

Thank you for your patience with me, I'm a newbie to all of this.

David
WA9AVZ

Larry Banks

Hi David,

First, this really is for the ACLog group to answer, not this forum.

The grid field in ACLog is there, and you can move it to be visible.   It may be to the right of your visible columns in the default setup, which you may still have.  Just go over to the right until you find it and pull it over to your visible screen.

Larry / W1DYJ

On 1/21/2022 19:14, David wrote:
[...]

I apologize for misdirecting my query.  I will be careful going forward. (Initially I was thinking the issue might be in the JT Alert layer, but as I received guidance, it became apparent that it was probably an ACLog issue.

Thank you for your insight and correction.

David
WA9AVZ

Larry Banks

Hi David,

No reason to apologize.   It's hard to keep track of all of the software we all use, and where the best source of info is.

Larry / W1DYJ