Topics

N1MM Logging prob

Anthony Bowyer

I've note messages about this, with the suggestion:

Enable the "Rebroadcast WSJT-X UDP packets" in JTAlert. Settings window, Applications -> WSJT-X/JTDX section and set N1MM+ to listen for logging packets on that port rather than the WSJT-X 2237 default.

However, I've yet to get this working. If I set the WSJT-X reporting port to 2233 and the N1MM port to 2233, with JTAlert closed, logging works. If I set  "Rebroadcast" on in JTAlert and change the port in N1MM to this port (2334 in my case), it does not work (JTAlert running of course). I've tried enabling and disabling of 'Enable transmission of last QSO'.

What am I missing?

Anthony, NT4X

Anthony Bowyer

Yes, I tried that, but I don't think I restarted N1MM after the change. I suspect I tested it, didn't work, and I set it back.

I'll do it again and restart N1MM.

Thank you for the reply

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/11/2019 1:10 pm, Anthony Bowyer via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes, I tried that, but I don't think I restarted N1MM after the change. I suspect I tested it, didn't work, and I set it back.

I'll do it again and restart N1MM.

Thank you for the reply

An update, I did some further testing. Logging via the adif broadcast of JTAlert to the latest N1MM+ does work. Using the JTAlert adif broadcast (rather than using the WSJT-X UDP rebroadcast of JTAlert as previously advised) you get the advantage of additional Callsign data (from XML lookup or manually entered) will be sent in the adif broadcast and logged by N1MM+.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Anthony Bowyer

This is how it had been set, but it stopped working. However on occasions, after a reboot it would work for a few contacts, then stop. I'd hoped it was just a conflict and  re-transmission would correct it.

Maybe I have something else blocking the UDP transmissions. Not sure what it might be, but I'll do some further testing.

Anthony Bowyer

Opps, that should be rebroadcast rather than re-transmission.

Anthony Bowyer

I should add: I was using port 2237. I just changed it to 2334 and it seems to be working (well for one contact I tested with anyway!)

I try a few more and see if it's consistent. Thank you for the further assistance.