locked Multiple instance of JTALERT #FT8


Frank
 

Hopefully someone can assist me with this issue. I have one computer with myself and my XYL operating WSTJX. We have separate programs set up for WSJTX which creates an ADI file for each of us. This all seems to work fine. The problem is I am unable to set JTALERT up to function separately on each of our sessions. I reviewed a post back on 04/11/2017 and followed the directions, I believe accurately.  The JTALERT works fine on my account, as it always has, but when my XYL runs it in her WSJTX session it appears to bring up my log and if she makes a contact it gets added to my B4 lists.  I did set up a separate short cut for JTALERT as instructed in the 04/11/2017 post.  I just can't get my XTL's JTALERT to bring up her own clean log.
We are running windows 10, WSJTx ver 2.4.0 and JTALERT ver 2.50.4  I would certainly appreciate any guidance that could be provided on this issue.  


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 14/08/2021 11:16 am, Frank wrote:
Hopefully someone can assist me with this issue. I have one computer with myself and my XYL operating WSTJX. We have separate programs set up for WSJTX which creates an ADI file for each of us. This all seems to work fine. The problem is I am unable to set JTALERT up to function separately on each of our sessions. I reviewed a post back on 04/11/2017 and followed the directions, I believe accurately.  The JTALERT works fine on my account, as it always has, but when my XYL runs it in her WSJTX session it appears to bring up my log and if she makes a contact it gets added to my B4 lists.  I did set up a separate short cut for JTALERT as instructed in the 04/11/2017 post.  I just can't get my XTL's JTALERT to bring up her own clean log.
We are running windows 10, WSJTx ver 2.4.0 and JTALERT ver 2.50.4  I would certainly appreciate any guidance that could be provided on this issue.

Sorry, without a link to the post in question it is not practical to try and determine to what message you were referring, especially a message that is getting close to 4 years old.

Regardless, setting up JTAlert for multiple Station Callsigns is easy. You need to set the /callsign=XYL_CALL command-line parameter in the shortcut used to start your XYL JTAlert instance. The easiest way is to let JTAlert do that for you. Open the Settings window and navigate to the "Station Callsign" section (towards the bottom) and create your XYL shortcut from there.

Starting JTAlert with your new XYL shortcut will automatically create a new default JTAlert config that will need to have its settings adjusted, log type, wanted ALert setup, sounds, etc.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Frank
 

Laurie,

     Thank you so much for your quick reply.  I tried the easiest way as you described above and it did create a short cut as expected, but for some reason my XYL's JTAlert still pulls up my file for previous contacts.  All other settings such as her call sign, wanted Alert, sounds appear to have reset. 

In JTAlert (under the her shortcut) the General tab reads: JT Alert for WSJT-X [KN4KNC]
Under shortcut tab, Target field: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\JTAlert.exe"/wsjtx /callsign=KN4KNC 
Under shortcut tab, Start in Field: "C\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\"

In her wsjtx General tab it reads wsjtx [KN4KNC]
In the wsjtx shortcut her Target field reads: C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=KN4KNC

In JTAlert (under my shortcut) The general tab reads: JT Alert for WSJT-X Frank
Under my shortcut tab, target field: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\JTAlert.exe"/wsjtx
Under my shortcut tab, start in field: "C\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert"

In my wsjtx General tab it reads WSJT-X
In the wsjtx shortcut my Target field reads: C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe

This all seems to be pretty much straight forward but I'm missing something.  I am hoping with the information I have provided above you may be able to identify what I have missed.

I appreciate everything you do.

Thank you,

Frank 


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 15/08/2021 3:45 am, Frank wrote:
I tried the easiest way as you described above and it did create a short cut as expected, but for some reason my XYL's JTAlert still pulls up my file for previous contacts.  All other settings such as her call sign, wanted Alert, sounds appear to have reset. 

B4 checks involve a lookup of the enabled log.
It would appear that you have both the XYL and your JTAlert setup using the same log file.

de Laurie VK3AMA



Frank
 

Not to appear ignorant, but how do I go about correcting this?

On Aug 14, 2021, at 4:03 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 15/08/2021 3:45 am, Frank wrote:
I tried the easiest way as you described above and it did create a short cut as expected, but for some reason my XYL's JTAlert still pulls up my file for previous contacts.  All other settings such as her call sign, wanted Alert, sounds appear to have reset. 

B4 checks involve a lookup of the enabled log.
It would appear that you have both the XYL and your JTAlert setup using the same log file.

de Laurie VK3AMA




Frank
 

Looking at my logging path from the JTAlert settings screen below, and my wife's setting also below, it appears to me (not having any programming knowledge) that both paths are the same up to the HamApps file.  At that point they split off to each individual call signs.  I have checked and there is a valid path all the way to the B4logV2.mdb file for each, both myself and my wife’s path.  The only difference I can see is that my B4logV2.mdb file is 464KB and my wife's  B4logV2.mdb file is 240KB.  In reviewing these settings can anyone see why my wife continues to pull up my B4 log when she opens her JTAlert program (using her own WSJTX session)
 

8BDA1412F4864585B545B2793716B718.png

71DDDA41290944A99195C756DEF1B479.png

Thanking you in advance

Frank
KN4CLP


Frank
 

Sorry, I sent the wrong screen shots.  Please see below:
8BDA1412F4864585B545B2793716B718.png

71DDDA41290944A99195C756DEF1B479.png


Dave Garber
 

i see 2 different calls referred to.  is that not what you want in a b4.... but you do not have a logging program selected, which also should be different
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 4:48 PM Frank <fkirbyson@...> wrote:
Sorry, I sent the wrong screen shots.  Please see below:
8BDA1412F4864585B545B2793716B718.png

71DDDA41290944A99195C756DEF1B479.png


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 16/08/2021 6:48 am, Frank wrote:
Sorry, I sent the wrong screen shots.  Please see below:
8BDA1412F4864585B545B2793716B718.png

71DDDA41290944A99195C756DEF1B479.png
_._,_._,_



That all looks normal for a non-logbook setup of JTAlert.

Your XYL is definitely using a different file for the B4 checks compared to your callsign setup.

In a previous message you said "but for some reason my XYL's JTAlert still pulls up my file for previous contacts". What does that mean exactly?  What are you seeing that makes you think that. Is it in JTAlert and the B4 display added to the decoded Callsigns or is it within the WSJTX display? If it is within WSJTX is it coloring of the entire decode line or only the Callsign indicating the B4 status?

de Laurie VK3AMA


Frank
 

Laurie

I may not be discribing this properly and if so I apologize.  My wife has just started using wsjtx and has made only a few contacts.  She is also using JTAlert.  The issue she is having is when she opens her session of JTAlert it is showing all my prior contacts that I have made in her JTAlert application.  What I mean by this is there are many green boxes displayed in her JTAlert screen, which are all contacts I have made.  Hers should be pretty much blank except for the 15 to 20 contacts she has made so far.  We are not auto logging to another Data base such a LoTW, we manually upload to QRZ at the end of our sessions. If she runs wsjtx by its self all seems well and if a prior contact of hers shows up, which at this point is very rare, the entire line is green.  I may be incorrect in what files I’m thing may be involved in this issue.  As mentioned before we are using the same computer and shortcuts and have been set up as recommended.

Thank you,

Frank

On Aug 16, 2021, at 5:27 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 16/08/2021 6:48 am, Frank wrote:
Sorry, I sent the wrong screen shots.  Please see below:
<dummyfile.0.part>

<dummyfile.1.part>


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 17/08/2021 9:31 pm, Frank wrote:
I may not be discribing this properly and if so I apologize.  My wife has just started using wsjtx and has made only a few contacts.  She is also using JTAlert.  The issue she is having is when she opens her session of JTAlert it is showing all my prior contacts that I have made in her JTAlert application.  What I mean by this is there are many green boxes displayed in her JTAlert screen, which are all contacts I have made.  Hers should be pretty much blank except for the 15 to 20 contacts she has made so far.  We are not auto logging to another Data base such a LoTW, we manually upload to QRZ at the end of our sessions. If she runs wsjtx by its self all seems well and if a prior contact of hers shows up, which at this point is very rare, the entire line is green.  I may be incorrect in what files I’m thing may be involved in this issue.  As mentioned before we are using the same computer and shortcuts and have been set up as recommended.

Thank you,

Frank
Frank,

Green is the default color for CQs. Is that what your seeing?

I am not following what your describing. Please post some images of your wife's WSJTX & JTAlert windows when they are displaying what you think is incorrect. Please capture of WSJT-X and JTAlert for the same decode period so I can compare what WSJTX is showing with what JTAlert is showing.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Frank
 

Laurie,

Below is a screen image of my XYL's wsjtx with her JTAlert screen overlaid on the right.  You will notice the green boxed displayed on the JTAlert inset are actually contacts I have made on my sessions.  On the left is her wsjtx screen image taken at the same time.  She actually has very few contacts to date (approximately 24) but when one of her contacts comes up on the wsjtx screen the entire line is highlighted greenimage001.png

Thank you,

Frank


Frank
 

Sorry, should have sent this as a pdf iguess
page1image61535024