locked Missing start menu with version 2.50.5

Raymond Mikula

I've upgraded from a prior version of Jtalert to version 2.50.5.  I get the "good news" NET 5 message.
I'm missing the menu at the top.  I've deleted and reinstalled JTalert.  Need some guidance as to how to trouble shoot this problem.

Michael Black

The "menu at the top" is now a separate window.
It should be the 1st thing to come up followed shortly by the call window.

Hover over the JTAlert icon in the task bar and you should see the other window.
You might have to move it if it's off screen.

Mike

On Saturday, September 4, 2021, 06:55:30 PM CDT, Raymond Mikula <rmikula@...> wrote:

I've upgraded from a prior version of Jtalert to version 2.50.5.  I get the "good news" NET 5 message.
I'm missing the menu at the top.  I've deleted and reinstalled JTalert.  Need some guidance as to how to trouble shoot this problem.

Raymond Mikula

ok, if I look at the task bar I do see two "notes"  The note that is shown in my attached screen capture does not activate the missing/floating window.  I do have four displays in use and have carefully searched all of them but there is no menu to be found.  I also include a screen capture of the tasks that are running.

Ray/W9NZ

On Sat, Sep 4, 2021 at 08:31 PM, Michael Black wrote:
The "menu at the top" is now a separate window.
It should be the 1st thing to come up followed shortly by the call window.

Hover over the JTAlert icon in the task bar and you should see the other window.
You might have to move it if it's off screen.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 6/09/2021 2:25 am, Raymond Mikula wrote:
ok, if I look at the task bar I do see two "notes"  The note that is shown in my attached screen capture does not activate the missing/floating window.  I do have four displays in use and have carefully searched all of them but there is no menu to be found.  I also include a screen capture of the tasks that are running.

Ray/W9NZ

Your images shows that the main JTAlert process (the main window) is running and there is a taskbar entry.

If clicking the taskbar entry does not bring the JTAlert main window into view then it is likely positioned off-screen. Google "Recover off-screen window" will produce millions of results for instruction on how to recover an off-screen window, a very common Windows problem.

de Laurie VK3AMA