locked Missing dll file on install #FT8 #HamSpots #JTDX

Ron Schunk

Trying to install JTAlert on my Windowz 8.1 with both JTDX and wsjtx...when I try to start Alert I get a error message window 'FrameworkCheck.exe -System Error  api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing'...the error window locks everything up....i did download and install .NET 5.0 Runtime 5.0.5 (x64)..looked around the web and there were cautions about just downloading missing dll files because of possible malware problems...don't need that..I thought needed dll's were included in the install packages for Alert and Runtime...

Any suggestions?
Ron
WA8KQF

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/04/2021 5:06 am, Ron Schunk wrote:
Trying to install JTAlert on my Windowz 8.1 with both JTDX and wsjtx...when I try to start Alert I get a error message window 'FrameworkCheck.exe -System Error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing'...the error window locks everything up....i did download and install .NET 5.0 Runtime 5.0.5 (x64)..looked around the web and there were cautions about just downloading missing dll files because of possible malware problems...don't need that..I thought needed dll's were included in the install packages for Alert and Runtime...

Any suggestions?
Ron
WA8KQF
This is a very common problem with Windows. A quick Google search results in hundreds of thousands hits. You appear to be missing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. Either it has been removed from your PC or its installation is faulty.

JTAlert doesn't have any C++ code so doesn't need this, but the .NET runtime installer likely does, but that is only a guess. Many applications need this, so it is worthwhile getting your system updated into a good state.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ron Schunk

HI..thanks for the tip... I went out and downloaded the C++ and got a good install (I think), but I'm still getting the error message...the download file was
vc-redist(x64) 14.0.24123 ...reloaded the C++ and also reloaded JTAlert....still no joy in W8 land...
Ron
WA8KQF