Topics

locked missing ADI

John Kjos

I had to reinstall WSJT, and JTAlert. When I run JTAlert it says its missing the ADI file.

Thanks, John W9RPM

--
EMAIL: john@...
WEBPAGE: http://www.w9rpm.com/

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/10/2020 9:32 am, John Kjos wrote:
I had to reinstall WSJT, and JTAlert. When I run JTAlert it says its missing the ADI file.

Thanks, John W9RPM

Reinstalling JTAlert will not reset your adif file path. All JTAlert settings are recorded in an sqlite database stored in your %localappdata% directory tree and that tree is not touched by a normal JTAlert install/uninstall or upgrade. If your adif file is missing, something you have done has removed it. Running 3rd party uninstallers or Registry cleaners can incorrectly remove needed files.

de Laurie VK3AMA

John Kjos

Laurie, thanks. I Have a file now. I am not getting any Audio alerts, as in when I making a contact. And nothing is showing in the display slots in JTAlert. I'm sure its my fault. Short term memory is shot from stroke. Everything seems to be installed OK. Database, Sounds are downloaded. Sorry for the bother.

Thanks, John W9RPM

Thanks, JOhn W9RPM

On 29/10/2020 9:32 am, John Kjos wrote:
I had to reinstall WSJT, and JTAlert. When I run JTAlert it says its missing the ADI file.

Thanks, John W9RPM

Reinstalling JTAlert will not reset your adif file path. All JTAlert settings are recorded in an sqlite database stored in your %localappdata% directory tree and that tree is not touched by a normal JTAlert install/uninstall or upgrade. If your adif file is missing, something you have done has removed it. Running 3rd party uninstallers or Registry cleaners can incorrectly remove needed files.

EMAIL: john@...
WEBPAGE: http://www.w9rpm.com/
DX CLUB: http://www.tcdxa.org/

John Kjos

I must not have the log right in JT Alert. Keeps asking me to log the same call over and over.

73 John W9RPM

On 29/10/2020 11:29 am, John Kjos wrote:

I must not have the log right in JT Alert. Keeps asking me to log the same call over and over.

It sounds like you have JTAlert set to resend UDP packets to the same port that WSJT-X is sending to, which is the port JTAlert is listening to, so you have JTAlert resending UDP packets back to itself, thus the repeated logging events.

Turn off the "Resend WSJT-X UDP ..." setting in JTAlert will fix your issue.

de Laurie VK3AMA