locked Messaging window callsign editing

K9MK

Congrats on a really nice face lift and upgrade to the App.

Question: Is there a way to delete one or more callsigns that are saved in the Messaging address list?
I can't seem to delete the ones that were one and done texts.

Also, in the message address window, if I select a station to message and start typing them a message, and while during that someone connects, that new connected call is immediately moved to the messaging window as the addressee.  I can see why that is done, but I'm thinking it should not change the messaging addressee once I started to type a message.  Was this/that the intention?

thank you

73  Mike K9MK

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/04/2021 1:04 am, K9MK wrote:
Question: Is there a way to delete one or more callsigns that are saved in the Messaging address list?
I can't seem to delete the ones that were one and done texts.

Also, in the message address window, if I select a station to message and start typing them a message, and while during that someone connects, that new connected call is immediately moved to the messaging window as the addressee.  I can see why that is done, but I'm thinking it should not change the messaging addressee once I started to type a message.  Was this/that the intention?

thank you

73  Mike K9MK

No it is not possible to delete callsigns from the previously used list (below the callsign edit field). That list is automatically cleared when JTAlert is restarted. What is the issue you want to resolve by removing callsigns?

Currently if you want to avoid callsign changes when your qso partner changes, the
wsjtx DX Call, you have to turn off the "Follow WSJT-X DX Call" option under the Options popup of the Messaging window.

Ignoring DX Call changes if you're currently editing a message is a worthwhile change. I'll add it to the todo list.

On 21/04/2021 4:47 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io wrote:
Ignoring DX Call changes if you're currently editing a message is a worthwhile change. I'll add it to the todo list.

FYI, this change will be in the next release of JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

K9MK

Regarding "What is the issue you want to resolve by removing callsigns?", my issue was I had about 10 DX stations message me Sunday, all their calls stayed for the duration of the session. Note: I seldom turn off the station or reboot things. I wanted to message the one or two hams that I frequently SMS between but I had to keep pointing back at their calls within the long list of "one and done" messages.  I was looking for a way to edit-delete them out without closing and reopening the App.

On the Message Options window, I found that option box and made the adjustment, thanks.

73  Mike  K9MK