locked Message window focus

Don AA5DE

How can I prevent message window losing focus while typing a message? Alerts or other window updates cause focus to be lost and typing suspended even though text cursor still blinking. Loses word and letters in the message.

--
AA5DE, Don
D. L. (Don) Eddy

--
Don Eddy AA5DE

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/07/2021 2:21 am, Don AA5DE wrote:
How can I prevent message window losing focus while typing a message? Alerts or other window updates cause focus to be lost and typing suspended even though text cursor still blinking. Loses word and letters in the message.

--
AA5DE, Don

If the Messaging window is losing focus it will be because another window is taking focus. You need to identify the offending window and take corrective action to prevent it being focused.

If it is the WSJT-X window becoming focused, it is likely coming from the JTAlert "To Top" settings. You will need to modify or disable the setting. See the "Applications -> WSJT-X / JTDX" section of the main JTAlert window Settings (F2)

de Laurie VK3AMA