locked MESSAGE #FT8

I WISH MORE PEOPLE WOULD USE THE MESSAGE FEATURE. I LIKE TO EXCHANGE COMMENTS WITH THE STN'S I WORK.
JUST A THOUGHT.
--
73 NU4N Dave

I wish more people would use LoTW. I like exchanging confirmations with the stations I work.
Just a thought.

My point is, we cannot dictate what hams use or don't use. Many see the message feature as a pain. 
No different than some feel 'setting up LoTW' is a pain.

Jose
N4BAA

-----Original Message-----
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Nov 26, 2021 7:05 am
Subject: [HamApps] MESSAGE #FT8

I WISH MORE PEOPLE WOULD USE THE MESSAGE FEATURE. I LIKE TO EXCHANGE COMMENTS WITH THE STN'S I WORK.
JUST A THOUGHT.
--
73 NU4N Dave

Storm, PG5FRL

I almost always use that function. Comments are always welcome!

Op 26-11-2021 om 13:05 schreef Dave Tucker Nu4N:

JUST A THOUGHT.
--
73 NU4N Dave

Bernard Courty

Same here Dave, de VE2EDM 

Le ven. 26 nov. 2021 à 08:47, Storm, PG5FRL <pg5frl@...> a écrit :

I almost always use that function. Comments are always welcome!

Op 26-11-2021 om 13:05 schreef Dave Tucker Nu4N:
JUST A THOUGHT.
--
73 NU4N Dave

Joe Subich, W4TV

If I wanted to send a message I would use my cellphone or CW.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-11-26 7:05 AM, Dave Tucker Nu4N wrote:
JUST A THOUGHT.

Robert Ahrens

It worked better with the longer cycle times of jt65. I don't use it as much as I used to, but you will always find me online.

I am more bothered by the dx ops who still require qsl by mail. I would much rather via LoTW. I don't even mind paying the $5 OQRS fees. Still feels less expensive than the 3 green stamps, an envelope,  an SASE, a qsl card, and a trip to the post office.

My hobby is radio, not stuffing envelopes.  

Getting off of my soapbox now...

73 de NT5A - Bob 

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021, 06:26 Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

... Joe, W4TV

> I WISH MORE PEOPLE WOULD USE THE MESSAGE FEATURE. I LIKE TO EXCHANGE
> COMMENTS WITH THE STN'S I WORK.
> JUST A THOUGHT.

John

I wish more hams would make the effort to use ANY QSL service, I use the log at QRZ.com, eQSL and LOTW and others as well.

John
VE7KKQ

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 7:22 AM Robert Ahrens <robertahrens52@...> wrote:
It worked better with the longer cycle times of jt65. I don't use it as much as I used to, but you will always find me online.

I am more bothered by the dx ops who still require qsl by mail. I would much rather via LoTW. I don't even mind paying the $5 OQRS fees. Still feels less expensive than the 3 green stamps, an envelope,  an SASE, a qsl card, and a trip to the post office.

My hobby is radio, not stuffing envelopes.  

Getting off of my soapbox now...

73 de NT5A - Bob 

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021, 06:26 Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

... Joe, W4TV

> I WISH MORE PEOPLE WOULD USE THE MESSAGE FEATURE. I LIKE TO EXCHANGE
> COMMENTS WITH THE STN'S I WORK.
> JUST A THOUGHT.

Neil Foster

Bob.....OQRS does not have any fees. Any request for XX$$ is from the DX station usually via PayPal. If it is a DXpedition it helps with the costs of the trip. I respond to all QSL card requests with an SASE, it is a courtesy. It does NOT require a trip to the PO
73 es stay well
Neil   N4FN

David Brittenham

You would be surprised how many people don't even know the messaging feature is there.  You would probably be more surprised to know how may people don't use JTAlert.   And, you might be even more surprised to know how many of those have no idea the program even exists.  I don't know how anyone can work with WSJT-X without JTAlert.  

David
WA0RVK

Mike Sanders

I totally agree with David. Mike K0AZ

On 12/2/2021 12:32 AM, David Brittenham wrote:
You would be surprised how many people don't even know the messaging feature is there.  You would probably be more surprised to know how may people don't use JTAlert.   And, you might be even more surprised to know how many of those have no idea the program even exists.  I don't know how anyone can work with WSJT-X without JTAlert.  

David
WA0RVK

Virus-free. www.avg.com

David Tucker

Yes David I would like to see more people use the message app. I personally like to exchange info with the stn I work.

73's Dave NU4N

On 12/2/2021 8:08 AM, Mike Sanders via groups.io wrote:

David
WA0RVK

Virus-free. www.avg.com
-- 
73’S NU4N DAVE

Dave Garber

that's what qsl cards are for    sending operators info

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 9:15 AM David Tucker <nu4ndave@...> wrote:

Yes David I would like to see more people use the message app. I personally like to exchange info with the stn I work.

73's Dave NU4N

On 12/2/2021 8:08 AM, Mike Sanders via groups.io wrote:

David
WA0RVK

Virus-free. www.avg.com
-- 
73’S NU4N DAVE

Panos

Hi, I wish more hams would make the effort to upload to LOTW for me this is enough. Never got a message through JT-Alert and I am in no need for extra messaging services, e-mails are enough 73

David Tucker

My ratio for LOTW is no where near the stns I work. I make a note in my log how the stn qsl's. Very disappointing

On 12/4/2021 2:52 AM, Panos wrote:
Hi, I wish more hams would make the effort to upload to LOTW for me this is enough. Never got a message through JT-Alert and I am in no need for extra messaging services, e-mails are enough 73
-- 
73’S NU4N DAVE

What is your LoTW ratio? 
BAA

Sent: Sat, Dec 4, 2021 1:32 pm
Subject: Re: [HamApps] MESSAGE #FT8

My ratio for LOTW is no where near the stns I work. I make a note in my log how the stn qsl's. Very disappointing
-- 
73’S NU4N DAVE

Michael Black

I've done almost 100% digital (JT65 and such) so 99.9% of all my QSOs are computer-based.
I work everybody I see.

My LOTW rate is 36396/45827 or 79.4% -- that is multiband.
Looking at per call sign it is 15514/20387 or 76.1%

Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, December 4, 2021, 07:37:52 AM CST, Jose - N4BAA via groups.io <jose-castillo@...> wrote:

What is your LoTW ratio? 
BAA

Sent: Sat, Dec 4, 2021 1:32 pm

-- 
73’S NU4N DAVE

Panos

6800 / 15000 overall rate about 46% qso begining 2004 but, I suppose later qso's has better rate. Main interest is at least one confirm per dxcc and not pay second $$ for the same entity hihi 73

That's actually a good number. I'm at almost 50% of 140000 contacts. So we always want more but it's still pretty darn good.

Sent via Mr. DX mode - Galaxy S21

-------- Original message --------
Date: 12/4/21 14:18 (GMT-05:00)

6800 / 15000 overall rate about 46% qso begining 2004 but, I suppose later qso's has better rate. Main interest is at least one confirm per dxcc and not pay second $$ for the same entity hihi 73