MariaDB SQL Decode Issue


Terry KC4DV
 
Edited

I successfully converted my  v6,5,0.207 HRD Acess DB to MariaDB, running windows 10 WSJTX v2.5.4 and JTAlert v2.5.0.9. That is running perfectly on my Windows 10 HP Envy.
I installed the same software versions on my Windows 10 HP Spectre and the Maria DB will not decode. As a workaround I am running JTAlerts with no log and QSO forwarding WSJTX to HRD MariaDB log.
The settings on both machined mirror each other. I turned of the firewall on the Spectre with no improvement.  What could be causing one installation to work and the other not to?
I verified JT Alert crashes when  the HRD Access DB is chosen. The MariaDB does cause JTAlert to close aka Crash. Thanks in advance for your help.


Roger- AC6BW
 

The correct procedure is to install HRD on the new machine, and then go through the exact same procedure that you did on the first machine to convert to a Maria DB. This involves an install of the My SQL ODBC connector and the Maria database program.
Unfortunately, there is no way to directly copy over a Maria DB configuration of HRD onto a new machine. You have to go through all of the conversion steps.
Once that is done, you can import the XML backup of your log file into HRD on the new machine.

What do you mean by "the Maria DB will not decode"?

This is probably not a JTAlert issue, but rather a bad install of HRD or the My SQL ODBC or Maria DB, on the 2nd machine.

The procedure for the conversion to Maria DB can be found here:
https://support.hamradiodeluxe.com/support/solutions/articles/51000054871-convert-access-to-mysql-database
You have to be careful to use the 32-bit MySQL ODBC, even if you have a 64 bit OS.
Use the 64 bit version of Maria DB.
I would uninstall HRD on the new machine, and start over.

If you have problems, you can get excellent support by either creating a ticket, or calling the support number:
https://www.hamradiodeluxe.com/support/
--
73,
Roger
AC6BW


Terry KC4DV
 

Thanks Roger, I performed all of the installation steps and software on the second machine as I did on the first. Today I reset the WJST-X UDP settings and multicast  settings per the help file. I set JTAlert 2.5.9 to the loopback option. The decodes are now working and being logged into the MariaDB HRD Logbook. I did not not have to do that on the first laptop. All is working now. My radio is a Flex 6700 SDR I used the Envy on the Kitchen Table as it has a nice 17 inch screen, the Spectre is smaller and lighter and goes in the computer bag for out of home operations.  Thanks for your advice. 73 Terry KC4DV


Roger- AC6BW
 

Terry,
One thing I noticed is that you are running a very old version of HRD, 6.5.0.207.
The latest version is 6.7.0.391. You should upgrade to the latest version, as there are a lot of changes and, more importantly, fixes.
If you do update HRD, you will have to change your HRD Logging configuration in JTAlert, to enable the changes in HRD related to ADIF 3.1 compliance.



I have pretty much the same SW setup, but a different radio, and I have the WSJT-X UDP Multicast on Loopback enabled on JTAlert 2.50.9.
--
73,
Roger
AC6BW


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 10/01/2022 1:29 pm, Terry KC4DV via groups.io wrote:
What could be causing one installation to work and the other not to

Make sure you have the NET 5 Desktop Runtime installed on the new PC. Also setup WSJTX/JTDX to use multicast UDP, see the help file, "Help -> WSJTX UDP Setup" menu link.

de Laurie VK3AMA