LoTW & eQSL Flags missing on remote decode of my call #FT8

Robert Bencsko

I recently upgraded my callsign from W7AMC to AD7J.  Now my friend says the only flag he has on my decode is TEXT, NO LoTW or eQSL.
LoTW I have updated with new TQSL cert and have been uploading updated via Ham Radio Deluxe with no problems.  eQSL I added another call to account and have also been uploading with no issue. In JTAlert I have updated all the call's and password for logging.
Where does JTAlert get the information to display the icons?  I don't now for sure where else to look for the cause

Robert Bencsko

Also on eQSL I have been authenticated and received the cert. I'll have to ask my friend what it shows for me in PSKReporter.  I'm just not sure where these pull their info.

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 11/10/2021 4:32 pm, Robert Bencsko wrote:
I recently upgraded my callsign from W7AMC to AD7J.  Now my friend says the only flag he has on my decode is TEXT, NO LoTW or eQSL.
LoTW I have updated with new TQSL cert and have been uploading updated via Ham Radio Deluxe with no problems.  eQSL I added another call to account and have also been uploading with no issue. In JTAlert I have updated all the call's and password for logging.
Where does JTAlert get the information to display the icons?  I don't now for sure where else to look for the cause
Your Callsign, AD7J, is recorded in the Callsigns database and shows you in NV and use eQSL(AG) and LoTW.

Each JTAlert release automatically includes the most up-to-date Callsign database at the time of release, If someone is not seeing the correct info for your callsign than they are likely using a old version of JTAlert which has an old database that does not include your new callsign. If they don't want to upgrade JTAlert, than they need to install the Callsign database and keep it updated. The database is updated approximately every 2 to 3 weeks..

de Laurie VK3AMA

Robert Bencsko

Just was able to contact someone else via JTAlert texting.  He said I had all three icons on my decode so it seems to be working but not sure why my other friend doesn't see them
I would still like to know where it pulls the info to update that?

Robert Bencsko

OK thank you, i will check on his version.  I recently updated mine.

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-10-11 2:00 AM, Robert Bencsko wrote:
I would still like to know where it pulls the info to update that?
Both LotW and eQSL provide a file of users (LotW) and AG users (eQSL).
Laurie downloads those files and the FCC license database which are
included in the JTAlert callsign database that he updates approximately
every two weeks at <www.hamapps.com>. Scroll to the bottom of the page
for "Support File Downloads."

73,

... Joe, W4TV