Topics

Lost Audio With JTAlert Ver 2.15.3

wa9afm@...

Loaded JTAlert update Ver 2.15.3.  Now have no audio alert.  It was working fine on previous version.

I've checked all setting in the Sounds menu and Sound ON is showing in the tool bar.

Michael Black

Select a different sound card and the reselect the original.

Also check your privacy settings for the microphone.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, November 21, 2019, 10:29:13 PM CST, <wa9afm@...> wrote:

Loaded JTAlert update Ver 2.15.3.  Now have no audio alert.  It was working fine on previous version.

I've checked all setting in the Sounds menu and Sound ON is showing in the tool bar.

WB8ASI Herb

Same here.  After all the reports of audio problems with Ver2.15.2 (which I had none), I was surprised I found myself with no audio and the new and improved Ver2.15.3.  Went back to 2.15.2 for a couple days, then tried 2.15.3 again, and this time poof, no problem.  So just try it again and cross your fingers.

On November 21, 2019 at 9:21 AM wa9afm@... wrote:

Loaded JTAlert update Ver 2.15.3.  Now have no audio alert.  It was working fine on previous version.

I've checked all setting in the Sounds menu and Sound ON is showing in the tool bar.

Stewart Wilkinson

2.15.3 Sound does not work for me.

I tried changing the sound device and that made no difference. I have gone back to 2.15.2 and that is working !

Paul Keating

Three issues with JTAlert Ver 2.15.3:

1)  Same here - no audio.  Changed sound devices - no audio.  Checked microphone permissions - no audio. Ran troubleshooting diagnostics on audio system (from drive inputs to speaker) - no audio.

2) Online XML Callbook information does not populate the "Name," "QTH," and "Grid" on every instance of a callsign being selected.  Information populates the blocks about 10% of the time; information needs to be manually inserted into blocks 90% of the time.

3) Callsign information is not routed to (DXLab Suite's) Pathfinder for information look-up until after a QSO has been logged (and info goes to DXKeeper logging software).

Reverted back to JTAlert Ver 2.15.0 - the most trusted version of the Ver 2.15.x series.

73

Paul  DU2FIS / K8SQ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/11/2019 9:20 pm, Paul Keating wrote:
Three issues with JTAlert Ver 2.15.3:

1)  Same here - no audio.  Changed sound devices - no audio.  Checked microphone permissions - no audio. Ran troubleshooting diagnostics on audio system (from drive inputs to speaker) - no audio.

2) Online XML Callbook information does not populate the "Name," "QTH," and "Grid" on every instance of a callsign being selected.  Information populates the blocks about 10% of the time; information needs to be manually inserted into blocks 90% of the time.

3) Callsign information is not routed to (DXLab Suite's) Pathfinder for information look-up until after a QSO has been logged (and info goes to DXKeeper logging software).

Reverted back to JTAlert Ver 2.15.0 - the most trusted version of the Ver 2.15.x series.

73

Paul  DU2FIS / K8SQ
Paul,

All the problems you list indicate failed (or blocked) communication between the JTAlert.exe process and the JTALertV2.Manager.exe process (which is new as of 2.15.1). The
JTALertV2.Manager.exe process (from the JTAlertV3 project) replaces the old plugin manager and its 15 plugin files. The functions handled by the Manager are... (taken form the 2.15.1 Release notes)
         - Playing alert sounds.
         - XML lookups (QRZ and HamQTH)
         - Weblog uploads (QRZ, Eqsl, HrdLog, ClubLog and HamQTH)
         - Uploading of Spots to HamSpots.
         - Downloading of Band Activity data from HamSpots
         - Managing sending/receiving of Text messages and Callsigns online checks.
         - User defined Alerting.
         - JTAlert session files cleanup.
         - Program updates available checks.
         - All DXLab DDE based functions. This includes DXK, DXV and PF callsign
            lookup, DXV rotator control and local spotting to SC.

The most likely cause of the comms failure are a UDP port collision with an existing running process on your PC or Protection software interference.
I can't help if it is your protection software, but for a port collision I have redesigned JTAlert to use dynamically assigned ports (provided by the OS and guaranteed to be free and not in use by another process). Check your email as I have sent you a link to this latest build of JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

W6SA

When I lose audio in version 2.15.3 for no apparent reason, after it had been working all along, I have found that closing JTAlert and opening it again has resolved the issue.

Just updated to 2.15.3 and same here - no audio.  Changed sound devices - no audio after updating to 2.15.3. Closing and restarting  program , rebooting does not fix it. Installed 2.15.0 and everything works fine.. Guess I stick with it.

73, KF5WGB
Ralf

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/11/2019 12:59 pm, KF5WGB wrote:
Just updated to 2.15.3 and same here - no audio.  Changed sound devices - no audio after updating to 2.15.3. Closing and restarting  program , rebooting does not fix it. Installed 2.15.0 and everything works fine.. Guess I stick with it.

73, KF5WGB

Did other functions stop working, like the Band Activity, text messages, xml lookups, online log uploads?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Howdy Laurie,
Everything else works just fine. Well, I do not know about the online Log uploads because that is done with LOG4Om.

If you want, I can setup JTAlert to upload to online services. Right now it sends the QSO data to LOG4Om without a hitch.

73, KF5WGB