locked Lost alternate TX macro windows 2 in 2.5.4 win 64

rod.clifton@...

I have access to the first TX macro window as seen below

I do not have access to a populated TX2 Macro window which I prefer due to RR73 message.

This happened with 2.5.3 (reinstalled after 2.5.4) and both 2.5.4 win32 and win64 on a win 11 computer.

I tried to populate the TX2 Macro window using the generate Standard messages button, but no luck.

I also tried to edit the message in the TX1 Macro window, it would edit but would not stay.

This has me baffled. so I was wondering if anyone else saw this behavior, or if you did have it how it was fixed.

Thanks in advance

73 de Rod VE3ISO

Jim Cooper

On 23 Jan 2022 at 11:39, rod.clifton@gmail.com wrote:

I do not have access to a populated TX2
Macro window which I prefer due to RR73
message.
I also tried to edit the message in the TX1 Macro window, it would
edit but would not stay.

This has me baffled. so I was wondering if anyone else saw this
behavior, or if you did have it how it was fixed.
This clearly has nothing to do with JTalert and
should be taken to the WSJT-X support group ...

However, the solution seems to be very easy so here's
my reply ...

Earlier versions of WSJTX had a toggle on Tx4 where
you could select either RRR or RR73, but that toggle
seems to be gone in version 2.5.3 ... (which is ok by me,
because using RRR properly meant an extra cycle for
a final 73 from the RRR station -- for some reason I'm
seeing more stations these days sending the RRR and
then NOT sending the final 73... if you want to play
that way, then the RR73 is what SHOULD be used.)

w2jc

Michael Black

Hover your mouse over the Next button on Tx4 -- can still select RR73.

Mike W9MDB

On 23 Jan 2022 at 21:06, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:

Hover your mouse over the Next button on Tx4 -- can still select
RR73.

Mike W9MDB
so obvious I missed it !! :-((

I didn't wait long enough for the popup to pop up.

w2jc

rod.clifton@...

Thank you Jim

That is exactly what it was and now it works as I expected. I agree with your statement and I am seeing more RRR also. I wonder if others are unaware of the TX4 toggle. At least I know now and can revert back whenever.

I thought after I posted it should have been to the WSJT-X group so I do appreciate your response.

73 de Rod