locked Lost alert audio after updating to 2.50.5

Walt Flesher, W6SA

I reinstalled 2.50.4 and audio returned.

Did I overlook something?

--
73 de W6SA

Walt Flesher
Tel: 702-568-8440
Cell: 702-523-8528

http://www.qrz.com/db/W6SA

Joe Subich, W4TV

Did you try resetting the sound card and wave files after
installing 2.50.5? Windows has a habit of changing sound
card selections and level settings when applications are
upgraded (Windows considers them "new" applications).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-08-13 2:27 AM, Walt Flesher, W6SA wrote:
I reinstalled 2.50.4 and audio returned.
Did I overlook something?
--
*73 de W6SA
Walt Flesher
Tel: 702-568-8440
Cell: 702-523-8528
http://www.qrz.com/db/W6SA***

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/08/2021 4:27 pm, Walt Flesher, W6SA wrote:

I reinstalled 2.50.4 and audio returned.

Did I overlook something?

--
73 de W6SA

No, nothing to overlook because nothing has changed with respect to audio in this new release.

Does the "Sound -> Test Sound Output" menu work?

The audio management didn't change with 2.50.5, it is identical to 2.50.4. What has changed is that the Manager executable that handles all audio was updated. My guess is that your PC Protection software is interfering with this new build of JTAlertV2.Manager.exe

de Laurie VK3AMA

Walt Flesher, W6SA

My sound card did not change.
The Sound - Test Sound Output menu did not work.
It is almost midnight here so I will reinstall tomorrow and see if there is any issue with the file you mentioned.
I am using McAfee Total Protection, supplied by my ISP which they update regularly.
I did not notice any alerts when I updated previously and will watch carefully when I update tomorrow.

Thanks

73 de Walt, W6SA

Walt Flesher, W6SA

I first turned off the Anti-Virus option in McAfee and then updated to version 2.50.5 again.
Installation went well but still had no audio. Anti-virus remained off.
I excluded JTAlertV2.Manager.exe from McAfee scans and turned Anti-Virus back on.
I now have sound again.  Test Sound Output working OK now.
I guess that was the problem.
Thanks Laurie.

73 de Walt, W6SA