Lookup (Not responding)

Mike Steiner

I have been having issues ever since I install everything on a new computer.

I have been able to figure out that something is going wrong when JTAlert when looks up are made….

I’m monitoring a band, the callsigns window fills up of decoded callsigns, ever thing is good. However when I select a call to answer is when the problem starts, JTAlert stops responding. Nothing in the main or callsigns window for a few minutes (3-4 minutes). JTDX continues to work normally and the qso is made. After the 2-3 minutes JTAlert catches up and the QSO is logged into HRD.

I;m using QRZ.com and there is no last error message. Also the last lookup date, is current. And my subscription is not expired.

Thanks

Mike K7QDX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/01/2022 8:26 pm, Mike Steiner wrote:

I have been having issues ever since I install everything on a new computer.

I have been able to figure out that something is going wrong when JTAlert when looks up are made….

I’m monitoring a band, the callsigns window fills up of decoded callsigns, ever thing is good. However when I select a call to answer is when the problem starts, JTAlert stops responding. Nothing in the main or callsigns window for a few minutes (3-4 minutes). JTDX continues to work normally and the qso is made. After the 2-3 minutes JTAlert catches up and the QSO is logged into HRD.

I;m using QRZ.com and there is no last error message. Also the last lookup date, is current. And my subscription is not expired.

Thanks

Mike K7QDX

Mike,

This will be due to using an MSAccess log in HRD. This has been discussed a number of times within the group. See this previous message where I discuss creating a new Log or migrating HRD to use MariaDB.

There have been enough issues with HRD and MSAccess logs that HRD have this quite lengthy post https://support.hamradiodeluxe.com/a/solutions/articles/51000280111

From previous user reported experiences, I suggest going down the MariaDB upgrade path.

Please note, I am unable to test HRD or provide setup advice, I don't own a copy of HRD..

de Laurie VK3AMA